I'm not going amp shopping any time soon, but when I do, I need to watch these!

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
SweetDan

I'm not going amp shopping any time soon, but when I do, I need to watch these!

Post by SweetDan »

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM3jiMx5U2A[/BBvideo]
[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axHi0TbrcZg[/BBvideo]
[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvfADU99SA4[/BBvideo]

Notes on what I'd pick, based on first watching (May 2018):
- to go w/Les Paul: AC15, Blues Cube, Astoria, Black Magick, or Classic 30
- to go w/Strat - Black Magick, AD30, or Classic 30 (or maybe the Orangutan, but I've never heard of 3 Monkeys)
- to go w/Tele - AD30, Classic 30, Black Magick (and again, maybe the Orangutan)

I was pretty disappointed that the AC15 didn't sound good with either of the single-coiled guitars...I wonder if an AC30 would do better? If I could choose only one to cover any guitar I currently own (or might in the future), it would be either the Supro or the Peavey.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
liv_rong

Re: I'm not going amp shopping any time soon, but when I do, I need to watch these!

Post by liv_rong »

I don’t have time to watch it all now but I clicked hoping to hear that all played at once lol.
vomitHatSteve

Re: I'm not going amp shopping any time soon, but when I do, I need to watch these!

Post by vomitHatSteve »

liv_rong wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:03 am I don’t have time to watch it all now but I clicked hoping to hear that all played at once lol.
Right?! Hit me with some Jucifer s***!
rayc

Post by rayc »

I was disappointed in the Vox as well. The AC30 usually sounds pretty cool.
Cheers
rayc
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

SweetDan wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:03 am ...I was pretty disappointed that the AC15 didn't sound good with either of the single-coiled guitars...I wonder if an AC30 would do better?...
rayc wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:24 am I was disappointed in the Vox as well. The AC30 usually sounds pretty cool.
On thinking about this later, I know an AC15 sounds good -- clean or lightly crunchy -- w/single coils. So perhaps it's simply the *application* of the AC15 + single coils as a grind-generator that fails, not that the AC15 itself is no good.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂