Aston Origin

What type and size you need, and where you should point it. Does a large diaphragm do a better job in preventing pregnancy than a small? WTF is phantom power and why do you need it? All these important questions and more, discussed within. Entendre at your own risk.
musicturtle

Aston Origin

Post by musicturtle »

Bought this mic last summer for about $250 new. Have done some voice overs and a few vocals through it and I have to say I am pleased so far, although the mic I was replacing was what came in the Focusrite Scarlett package(not really a heavy hitter I know). Just wondering if anyone else used it and what their feeling were.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill L

Re: Aston Origin

Post by Bill L »

I've not used one but I'm curious about them. I have a bunch of mics already but, like a dumb ass, I'm always looking for other toys.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I almost bought one for $100 off of Facebook but the dude flaked out on me. They have a great reputation, but I've never used one.
rayc

Post by rayc »

I have the Focusrite package mic which is ever so so so - mind it was an upgrade from the Berhinger B1. I up graded further to a Audiotechnica AT2020 which, in hindsight, (bad pun or what?), was/is/will be unnecessary as I've only recorded my voice with it and a pencil is more than adequate to record my voice.
Cheers
rayc
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

My mate (who collaborates on my Savant Syndrome stuff) runs a semi-pro small studio and he has one of the Astons - not sure which model, though. He rates it highly.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

It's not as good as the next model up, the Martin...
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Missed this thread until now. My vocals are often recorded through a Focusrite Scarlett (CM2?) mic. Would be interested in an upgrade at some point.
Although I often use a SM57 or an i5 too.