WhiskeyJack - Mutt90 set

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

muttley

WhiskeyJack - Mutt90 set

Post by muttley »

Hey WJ...

They are all but done. I have a few videos which I will edit and put up if I have time later this weekend.

I'm just waiting for the epoxy that keeps the covers on in transit to set then I'm gonna test them. Should be in the post sometime Monday.

Mutt90 set - Bridge and Neck.

Bridge

Black cover
Nickel baseplte
Alnico 5 rough cast magnets
42 awg copper wire
Nickel Poles
CCW
South up
Vintage pull back hook up wire

Neck

Black cover
Nickel baseplte
42 awg copper wire
Nickel Poles
CW
North up

Delivery for others over the pond has been around 7 - 10 days. Let me know if you want theem shipped to work or home.

You can chuck the tone clips in here when you get round to it..... :cheers1:

Keep moving that air.

Cheers Mutt.
muttley

Re: WhiskeyJack - Mutt90 set

Post by muttley »

This damn board will not let me post pictures right now... yesterday it dicked with my PM's, last week it deleted my posts, this place has a poltergeist..

Edit: I got that bugger of a ghost. It was because I am behind a VPN in the workshop.. Switched it off and image posting is back... :like:
muttley

Post by muttley »

wj.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

muttley wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:08 pm Hey WJ...

They are all but done. I have a few videos which I will edit and put up if I have time later this weekend.

I'm just waiting for the epoxy that keeps the covers on in transit to set then I'm gonna test them. Should be in the post sometime Monday.

Mutt90 set - Bridge and Neck.

Bridge

Black cover
Nickel baseplte
42 awg copper wire
Nickel Poles
CCW
South up

Neck

Black cover
Nickel baseplte
42 awg copper wire
Nickel Poles
CW
North up

Delivery for others over the pond has been around 7 - 10 days. Let me know if you want theem shipped to work or home.

You can chuck the tone clips in here when you get round to it..... :cheers1:

Keep moving that air.

Cheers Mutt.

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Woohoo. Much Excite. Yes i think it best we just ship to my workplace. Already reports of post thefts coming in on the radio every morning. Thanks Mutt, I'll pm you shortly.
:happytrees:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

:coolstorybro:
Haggard Musician :mad:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

This brings me great joy. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote:This brings me great joy. :coolstorybro:
You and me both! I gotta source out better soldering stuff
I have a 10 dollar battery operated thing that is good at makimg messes amd not much else.

I was playing with the trayor 40W today and i think it will be good for fairly reveiwimg and representing the new mutt90s. It has a mode that bypasses the tone stack and all i have to play with is the gain and master knobs. Which to me is just about as ideal as to gets. Two knobs. Two thumbs up.

Ill have the house all to myself for a week in December and ill get the before tones recorded. Along with the christmas choone. Pretty stoked. I may not get the mew mutt tones up til the new year sadly. I can always try for sooner.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

My soldering iron is a bit shit. I think I’ll just take my guitar to my local luthier to fit my next pickup.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Guys . . .

I think they are here. I think this is the package i have been waiting 2 months for. Do i do an unboxing? Or like? Unenveloping video or or pics or something?

P.S. Dwight doesn't appear to be as excited as i am.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Just open the fucking package and put them in a guitar!
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Phew....:yeabuddy:

So now I got another set just like those ones that I was gonna send to you when all hope was lost... WTF am I gonna do with them now...?

You better give them a good review...;)

Really glad they got to you in the end. Sent on the 11th December arrived 29th January. I wonder what route they took...?
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:45 pm Guys . . .

I think they are here. I think this is the package i have been waiting 2 months for. ..........

It says right there on the package..."You got MuttMail."
P.S. Dwight doesn't appear to be as excited as i am.
I am.. :like:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

muttley wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:06 pm Phew....:yeabuddy:

So now I got another set just like those ones that I was gonna send to you when all hope was lost... WTF am I gonna do with them now...?

Really glad they got to you in the end. Sent on the 14th December arrived 29th January. I wonder what route they took...?
I've got some vintage NOS Piher resistors coming from the UK. I hope they don't take that fucking long.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

On another note. Us UK and Canadian residents really need to get on the backs of our postal service. The same day as I sent them out I ordered some parts for a CNC I'm building and they were coming from China. They got here in less than two weeks. I ordered some parts for my boy as he is into building drones and stuff. They came from China and arrived in less than five days. I think the pups I sent to gerg arrived in about seven days and Lt's got there in under two weeks either side of two hurricanes. WTF is it with Canada and the post?
muttley

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Really glad they got to you in the end. Sent on the 14th December arrived 29th January. I wonder what route they took...?
I've got some vintage NOS Piher resistors coming from the UK. I hope they don't take that fucking long.
I've never had a problem shipping to the States. Normally 5-10 days as standard. The other way can take a little longer but not 2 months.. I can only guess these got stuck in some customs/security loop somewhere... Who know's just glad they got there..
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Fucking Canada.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Really glad they got to you in the end. Sent on the 11th December arrived 29th January. I wonder what route they took...?
I'll give them a good all over review and i will also send out some social media love and let the world know there is another set available just like them. I am going to guess they took a wrong turn in Greenland. other that or they were brought here by way of a Somolian Pirate ship.
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:27 pm

I'll give them a good all over review and i will also send out some social media love and let the world know there is another set available just like them. I am going to guess they took a wrong turn in Greenland. other that or they were brought here by way of a Somolian Pirate ship.
No worries mate. I can shift them on ebay if needed or they will sit on my stock shelf until I need them. No harm, no foul. Glad they got there and enjoy. Let me know if you have any issues..
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pmFucking Canada.
Sadly, this isn't the first time i have heard of stuff from the UK getting tied up in the Canada Post "system". For whatever reason the they speak different languages. I was disappointed yet not surprised. I hope they survived the travel well enough. no damage to speak of.
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:47 pm
Greg_L wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pmFucking Canada.
Sadly, this isn't the first time i have heard of stuff from the UK getting tied up in the Canada Post "system". For whatever reason the they speak different languages. I was disappointed yet not surprised. I hope they survived the travel well enough. no damage to speak of.
You would have to go some to damage a Pup.. I did epoxy the covers on with a dab just in case they ended up getting rough house handling. They should be good. They were tested and fine when leaving but let me know if there are any problems. Nothing is unfixable..:)