Ninja Kick

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Ninja Kick

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I am not even going to pretend i know what i am talking about when it comes to drums but there is a buzz around my circles of friends around this thing.

https://www.ninjakickpercussion.com/

I'll just leave this here and ya'll drummers can debate it.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Re: Ninja Kick

Post by Greg_L »

120 bucks for two beaters. Lol. No.
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Somebody needs a ninja kick to the spuds if they consider buying that thing. :D
Haggard Musician :mad:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I like to see people trying to innovate with drums and would be interested in some comparisons.

That being said, the idea of shipping your "it reverberates better" expensive beater with a plastic "get that clicky metalcore sound" head seems self-defeating.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I would try it in a heartbeat if they weren't so stupidly expensive. I've never ever thought of kick beaters in terms of needing more from them though. They're just kick beaters. I've never felt held back by plain ol kick beaters.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:24 pm I would try it in a heartbeat if they weren't so stupidly expensive. I've never ever thought of kick beaters in terms of needing more from them though. They're just kick beaters. I've never felt held back by plain ol kick beaters.
You see, that's the problem. 1000s of drummers are drumming with all their might yet feeling unfulfilled. They bought the octobans, they bought the Linndrums and they bought the contact mics heads but they aren't getting THAT/THEIR sound. They know, intuitively, that there's a problem with their kick: the beater doesn't leap away from the head, the head doesn't quite resonate as freely as it ought, the knee bone doesn't properly connect to the thigh bone. They'll see the advertisement and KNOW that this simple, beautifully machined and expensively engineered dohicky is just what they need to complete them as artists.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 am
You see, that's the problem. 1000s of drummers are drumming with all their might yet feeling unfulfilled. They bought the octobans, they bought the Linndrums and they bought the contact mics heads but they aren't getting THAT/THEIR sound. They know, intuitively, that there's a problem with their kick: the beater doesn't leap away from the head, the head doesn't quite resonate as freely as it ought, the knee bone doesn't properly connect to the thigh bone. They'll see the advertisement and KNOW that this simple, beautifully machined and expensively engineered dohicky is just what they need to complete them as artists.
Damn, I'm missing out on a lot of anxiety!
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I mean I get it but it’s kind of useless, sort of. First of all you should learn how to hit those quicker notes on your own, most drummers can. And if you cant than a double kick will help you get there(I see a lot of drummers doing things on a double kick that I can on a single, it’s not cheating it’s just easier in some cases). As far as the resonance thing goes, tons of drummers already do this by not resting their beater on the head after making contact. Same principle as when you hit any other drum with a stick.

However........I would totally try it if it was like $30.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 pm I mean I get it but it’s kind of useless, sort of. First of all you should learn how to hit those quicker notes on your own, most drummers can. And if you cant than a double kick will help you get there(I see a lot of drummers doing things on a double kick that I can on a single, it’s not cheating it’s just easier in some cases). As far as the resonance thing goes, tons of drummers already do this by not resting their beater on the head after making contact. Same principle as when you hit any other drum with a stick.

However........I would totally try it if it was like $30.
Right. I'd try it too for a reasonable price. Maybe I'll email them and get a freebie based on my awesomeness.

I'm a kick beater burier. I bury that ho and leave it there. I like the sharp thud over releasing and getting a lot of resonance. I don't even know if this thing would be useful for me anyway.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 pm
Greg_L wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:37 am
If i were to try and get a free one for reviews which one of you two will do a video review of it? this is open to anyone not just these two mungbeans.

gteg seems like the logical choice as i think this is geared towards faster music in general.

just a thought.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I don't do videos. I don't know how to do any of that shit.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I would do it.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:08 pmI would do it.
Ok cool. It's worth a shot. I'll email the company and see if they have any promo items and what we have to do in return. I'll message you shortly liv.