Windows 10 Compression.

This should be self explanatory.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Windows 10 Compression.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

hey guys, i am finally going to try to get caught up on reviews and stuff at work i brought a decent pair of headphones.

however, in windows 10 it seems something is really squashing my playback? I went into the soundcontrol panel and went to properties of my playback device and looked for audio enhancements and lo and behold nothing was checked? not sure where it is coming from?

I am using Windows Media Player for my playback software.
:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 Compression.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

It seems that the embedded soundcloud player is doing it too :(
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I haven't noticed it on my gaming machine. I've used the integrated analog and optical outs, and a soundblaster z analog and optical outs, and it hasn't sounded compressed.

I know that Armistice has troubles with some proprietary "enhancer" on one of his computers that he's mentioned. I think that his was something from Beats audio that persistently opens at startup and clobbers the audio. Maybe there's some 3rd party thing like that running on yours?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:01 pm I haven't noticed it on my gaming machine. I've used the integrated analog and optical outs, and a soundblaster z analog and optical outs, and it hasn't sounded compressed.

I know that Armistice has troubles with some proprietary "enhancer" on one of his computers that he's mentioned. I think that his was something from Beats audio that persistently opens at startup and clobbers the audio. Maybe there's some 3rd party thing like that running on yours?
Oh shit that is right i forgot. Mine is some premade Dell thing the company bought. I'd have to dig deeper i guess. thanks TAD i'll go find armi's thread.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I get it in Windows Groove Music too - it sometimes pumps. You can reduce it but turning the volume down both in the app and on your taskbar.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Tadpui wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:01 pm I know that Armistice has troubles with some proprietary "enhancer" on one of his computers that he's mentioned. I think that his was something from Beats audio that persistently opens at startup and clobbers the audio.
Yup.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

Note to self. Uninstall it again tonight.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:53 pm hey guys, i am finally going to try to get caught up on reviews and stuff at work i brought a decent pair of headphones.

however, in windows 10 it seems something is really squashing my playback? I went into the soundcontrol panel and went to properties of my playback device and looked for audio enhancements and lo and behold nothing was checked? not sure where it is coming from?

I am using Windows Media Player for my playback software.
What does it say you're using as your sound device though? Right click the speaker icon in the tool tray...
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Ill have to check when i get to work! Good suggestion!!