You're There

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
rayc

You're There

Post by rayc »

Cheers
rayc
rayc

Re: You're There

Post by rayc »

Yeah, I know: ANOTHER rayc vid, ANOTHER long song...next time maybe.
Cheers
rayc
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

I liked it Ray. :cheers1:
Cheers
Chris
my music
rayc

Post by rayc »

CeeBee wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:15 am I liked it Ray. :cheers1:
Thank you Chris,
nice to get a comment & positive one at that.
Cheers
rayc
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Finally brought my good headphones to work.

This might be my favorite of yours, Ray. Only thing I don’t like is that the bass sounds a tiny bit dull, but it’s still not a bad thing. Probably a more personal choice. The organ, vocals, piano, lead guitar, all of it is fantastic.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I missed this first time around ....... this is the best thing of yours I've heard ....the unison vox is awesome (octaves? ) ..... the music is really good , ooh ....nice git solo ..... last verse the vox seemed softer for some reason.
And some more good guitar work .... wow .... and good ending.

Man ..... this excellent!
Really ..... prolly put this one on my USB for truck listening
rayc

Post by rayc »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:01 pm I don’t like is that the bass sounds a tiny bit dull, but it’s still not a bad thing. Probably a more personal choice.
Thanks Crows,
The bass is played by finger as shown in the video. I did attempt some grit but it was lost in the mix - particularly when the almost white noise comes in. Dull is okay for this song, to my ears. Dull like old Fender flats from wound round Elixirs.
Thanks for watching & listening.
Last edited by rayc on Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:43 am I missed this first time around ....... this is the best thing of yours I've heard ....the unison vox is awesome (octaves? ) ..... the music is really good , ooh ....nice git solo ..... last verse the vox seemed softer for some reason.
And some more good guitar work .... wow .... and good ending.
Man ..... this excellent!
Really ..... prolly put this one on my USB for truck listening
Thanks Lt Bob,
I can get you a .wav or 320 MP3 if you'd like.
The singer David, goes by Deej, wanted the vocal down in the 2nd last chorus because he loved the cello & didn't want to outshine it. The last section was also a David request - he wanted the sound of his voice being torn away by the wind so it's a little low and fades as it pans left.
Though it was mixed with monitors it was done with headphone listening in mind - hence the FX and panning of the vocals.
David has a great voice and is terrific writing melodies & lyrics. With this one I wrote the pre-chorus/chorus lyric and he did the verses. The basic treatment on vocals was done by him too...All I did was add a smidgen of the common reverb and pan/eq as requested.
Cheers
rayc
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

rayc wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:09 am
CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:01 pm I don’t like is that the bass sounds a tiny bit dull, but it’s still not a bad thing. Probably a more personal choice.
Thanks Crows,
The bass is played by finger as shown in the video. I did attempt some grit but it was lost in the mix - particularly when the almost white noise comes in. Dull is okay for this song, to my ears. Dull like old Fender flats from wound round Elixirs.
Did this have your new Greenback?
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
rayc

Post by rayc »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:41 am
rayc wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:09 am
Thanks Crows,
Did this have your new Greenback?
Yeah,
I haven't "played it in" enough to attempt bass through it though. I shall do...I know Greg uses a Marshall amp & cab to record his bass so I'm looking forward to giving that a whirl.
Cheers
rayc