Recording Rebels Spotify Playlist

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
CrowsofFritz

Re: Recording Rebels Spotify Playlist

Post by CrowsofFritz »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:45 pm What in the fuck are you guys even on about?!
I don’t remember the specific prediction this guy Ray Kurzweil made about life extension.

This guy made many predictions back in the 80s. An example, “by 2009, most novels will be read on an electronic tablet” or something to that effect. Obviously the predictions get harder the farther into the future you go. I remember reading that he believes there will be a significant leap in life extension by 2040-2045. I can’t remember if he used the word “nano bots”

I’ve read other articles from magazines and books that talk about scientists developing nanobots whose job is to repair the damaged telomeres on our DNA (the thing that causes aging). I certainly don’t want to live an extremely long life, but 200 years? Hell yeah, I’ll do that if I’m happy with life.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
vomitHatSteve

Re: Recording Rebels Spotify Playlist

Post by vomitHatSteve »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:22 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:45 pm What in the fuck are you guys even on about?!
I don’t remember the specific prediction this guy Ray Kurzweil made about life extension.

This guy made many predictions back in the 80s. An example, “by 2009, most novels will be read on an electronic tablet” or something to that effect. Obviously the predictions get harder the farther into the future you go. I remember reading that he believes there will be a significant leap in life extension by 2040-2045. I can’t remember if he used the word “nano bots”

I’ve read other articles from magazines and books that talk about scientists developing nanobots whose job is to repair the damaged telomeres on our DNA (the thing that causes aging). I certainly don’t want to live an extremely long life, but 200 years? Hell yeah, I’ll do that if I’m happy with life.
He calls it "longevity escape velocity" nowadays, but it used to be called "practical immortality". The basic idea being that eventually we'll be adding years to average lifespans faster than the years actually pass.