April/May

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
rayc

April/May

Post by rayc »

I've started on a new track. The one I cobbled together for my re-amping experiment wasn't much chop so I started again.
This has BIAB drums, lead & organ.
Bass is via a Behringer BDI21 Sansamp clone and the four guitars are, for this draft, through a Joyo ACtone am in a pedal with quite different settings for each. Each guitar also goes through different one of Greg's speaker IRs.
Mix THREE
bits n pieces while waiting for
aprilmay7e.mp3
Mix two - tweaked the drums ad did some other bits.
aprilmay7.mp3
a lyric & melody to hit me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rayc on Sun May 12, 2024 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Re: April/May

Post by vomitHatSteve »

That crash mutes at 0:11, 0:42, etc. sound kind of unnatural. Like you faded a sample instead of actually choking a cymbal.

All-in-all this mix is very cymbal dominant. They're sort of ringing all over the place and taking up all the space.

I like that lead riff at the start. The solo is also good. It could probably be longer and definitely the lead guitar could come up over those cymbals.
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:25 pm
All-in-all this mix is very cymbal dominant. They're sort of ringing all over the place and taking up all the space.
Agreed - I haven't started editing the drums so they'll need to be next. Thanks.
Cheers
rayc
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Should have brought my good headphones to work. I like the tones. Other than the crash mute, the drums sound good.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
rayc

Post by rayc »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:28 pm Should have brought my good headphones to work. I like the tones. Other than the crash mute, the drums sound good.
Ta,
the crash mutes are deliberate but probably not as abrupt as they would be played live. I've added some more ring out to the new mix.
Cheers
rayc