Until the End

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
CrowsofFritz

Until the End

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Another fun one to do. Just need to knock out two more songs for this project of mine.

A couple seconds of silence at the beginning. First time I played piano and sung at the same time!

Until The End.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
rayc

Re: Until the End

Post by rayc »

Fun song, why did you bother with the vocals at the same time? Trying to keep the phrasing together?
Is the bass properly tuned or is it that you've used interesting notes choices?
That distorted guitar is nasty fizzy.
Beatles pop psych with early Nilsson pop psych.
Cheers
rayc
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

rayc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:45 pm Fun song, why did you bother with the vocals at the same time? Trying to keep the phrasing together?
Is the bass properly tuned or is it that you've used interesting notes choices?
That distorted guitar is nasty fizzy.
Beatles pop psych with early Nilsson pop psych.
Well, if I recall, I think I did it together, and then doubled it, and deleted the original because you can hear me hitting the keys on my computer keyboard keyboard. But yeah, it felt more natural to do it that way.

When you’re talking about the bass, are you talking about the middle part? It should be tuned, but that would be the part I assume you’re talking about with interesting not choices.

I can’t remember if this is my amp or direct. I think it’s the former. Vox with a silvertone pedal. It can’t be the DS1, so it’d have to be that. It’s already been over 2 weeks since I initially recorded it. The drums only just came in.

Thanks for listening, Ray.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I like the fuzz guitar.
Well, if I recall, I think I did it together, and then doubled it, and deleted the original because you can hear me hitting the keys on my computer keyboard keyboard. But yeah, it felt more natural to do it that way.
I'm confused... So you had a first draft where you played a virtual piano via qwerty keyboard and sang at the same time? But the vocal mic was picking up the key presses, so you re-recorded it with a real piano?
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:32 am I like the fuzz guitar.
I'm confused... So you had a first draft where you played a virtual piano via qwerty keyboard and sang at the same time? But the vocal mic was picking up the key presses, so you re-recorded it with a real piano?
It will be easier if I show you what the keyboard looks like.

It’s basically a computer keyboard but the keys are shaped like a piano. So it clicks. I didn’t record the piano again, just the vocals.
IMG_1840.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

ahhh. That makes sense then.