AI Voice Imitation Website

Not just a notorious prison, but the forum to learn everything you need to know about getting your vocal tracks down, from a whisper to a scream, and all stops in-between.
CrowsofFritz

AI Voice Imitation Website

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Tried one out just for fun.

Scary how good it is. Has a bunch of singers and characters. So far I’ve tried McCartney, Lennon, Peter Griffin, Hank Hill, Obama, Trump, and more.

So far, the McCartney and Peter Griffin ones are the best. On one song, the former can easily be confused for him if you weren’t listening intently for artifacts. The latter also sounds just like him but with much worse artifacts. John’s doesn’t sound like him at all.

All the others have their tone but as of right now, the AI requires you to mimic the voice well so it has something good to work with. A woman wouldn’t sound as good doing Obama and a man wouldn’t sound as good doing Queen Elizabeth and so on.

I’m not going to post the clips because I think it’s morally a gray area to release things like that and obviously legally bad if one tries to make money off of it. But if you’re curious, I’ll PM anyone what I have.

It’s fun to do but also wears off. There’s not that many voices right now.

Anyway, the big bad of all this is I’ve reported at the station some scammers are spoofing phone numbers of people the victims know and use recordings to feed into the AI to pose as loved ones and scam them. I rarely ever answer a phone call, but if someone I know would call me in an emergency and ask for money, it’d kinda suck to have to ask “security” questions…
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
vomitHatSteve

Re: AI Voice Imitation Website

Post by vomitHatSteve »

This is the same tech that was used for that "Drake" and "The Weeknd" song that was released a few months back?

From that one, the effect of starting from a good impression was pretty blatant.
Interesting tech. Morally, I think people using it to generate memes is great. But I don't trust corporations to do anything ethical with it.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:30 am This is the same tech that was used for that "Drake" and "The Weeknd" song that was released a few months back?

From that one, the effect of starting from a good impression was pretty blatant.
Interesting tech. Morally, I think people using it to generate memes is great. But I don't trust corporations to do anything ethical with it.
I’m not sure about Drake, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Yes, I’ve overdubbed Family Guy videos and sent them to my friends and it’s super fun, but that’s about the extent of it. I wouldn’t trust corporations, either. I think Scarlett Johansson is suing one company already for using her likeness without her permission.

I don’t know why some people can think that images or audio that’s AI generated and are pretty indistinguishable from the actual person are okay to use because it’s “technically not” them. Any photo and audio is “technically not” them, either, whether it was an actual photo taken of them or whether it was of someone else and AI generated to fill the rest.

By that thought process, all photos are just “pixels of color” and anything is fine—the pixels just happened to line up in such a way that it resembles someone….but it’s not them.

I don’t buy that argument. If software had to use genuine photos of people to make the image, then the likeness is already being used in some capacity, too.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:15 pm I’m not sure about Drake, but it wouldn’t surprise me.
It wasn't actually them; it was some random producer no one had heard of deep faking them into his own song. His Drake impression was pretty decent, so the AI did a good job of that, but his Weeknd impression was trash, so that verse sounds nothing like the guy.
I think Scarlett Johansson is suing one company already for using her likeness without her permission.
She is, yeah. Seems like a slam dunk of a case since they used an actual clip of her, segueing into the deep fake audio of her, and the clip was a (probably unlicensed) Avengers video (so they're probably getting sued by Disney too)
Bette Midler won against Ford when they hired an impersonator of her for their commercial. That seems a pretty obvious precedent for these things too
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I wonder if I can get dead John Lennon to sing one of my songs using AI? It'd be worth being hounded by Beatles fans... :lollers:
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Armistice wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:22 pm I wonder if I can get dead John Lennon to sing one of my songs using AI? It'd be worth being hounded by Beatles fans... :lollers:
Some songs work better than others. So far, at least for the website I’m using, I haven’t found a single Lennon song where I can get the AI to sound anything remotely like him. On some songs, I sound more like he does than the AI. The Paul one, though, is freaky. Most songs sound like a 14 year old Paul, but I did For No One, and it sounds pretty much like the recording. I tried applying it to a few of my songs to see how they would sound and it’s definitely reminiscent of him, but not totally.

I tried Freddie Mercury, but I can’t sing most of his songs for too long. My larynx starts giving up on me.

Most of my time has gone into roasting my friends as Peter Griffin and Hank Hill. I may try to get better with my Trump impression and give all my friends nicknames and record some quips. :lollers: