Recording Challenge #12: Nevermind

Community Challenge! Pretty Self Explanatory! Our users challenge each other to to recording showdowns. Challenges never expire! Though it is encouraged to strike while the iron is hot! All in the name of fun!
vomitHatSteve

Re: Recording Challenge #12: Nevermind

Post by vomitHatSteve »

JD01 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:17 am
Bubba wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:27 pm
Nothing, so far.
Yours is the trickiest!
Did you ultimately end up having it switch tempo throughout?
Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:18 am but doc sade just an extremely bad sprain
That's not so terrible then. When you said torn ligament, that was really worrisome!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:38 am

That's not so terrible then. When you said torn ligament, that was really worrisome!
I'm still not convinced it's not ... it's pretty fucked up and getting more and more bruised ....... he looked at it pretty casually and didn't want an xray but I suppose his magic doctor eyes told him something.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:18 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:26 pm

WTF HOW PLEASE SHARE THE STORY WHEN YOU GET BACK
LOL ..... just busted my ass is all!

Friday it rained and rained and was never gonna stop and I wanted to get the mail so I ran down my driveway, grabbed it and then on the way back a moldy part of my driveway was like ice and BAM! ..... down I went!
I remember saying 'dammit' as I went down but it was fucking quick.

So I'm on the concrete in the rain assessing my state trying to figure out if I can even get up. ... Debi's outta town till the next day so I'm on my own.
actually I was worried about my knee since it hit the concrete hard ..... but it's fine ... a good abrasion but that's all.
But when I got up it was obvious my ankle was jacked ..... it was swollen up like blowing up a surgical glove ( lol ) and looked like a Van Gogh painting.
I'm pretty limpy ..... but doc sade just an extremely bad sprain .... .... best be more careful and it pissed me off cause I have stuff to do and I'm hobbled ..... still did my sat and sun gigs though.

So of course last night I dropped something on that foot!
:lollers2:

Could have been much worse ..... I could have slammed my head on the concrete and died so learn your lesson dummy
Jesus man. That wet vegetation is going to do us all in. :lollers2: :lollers2: Sounds like a doozy of sprain for sure if it swelled up that quick. I kinda like all the colors a sprain turns. Festive. :happytrees:

Heal up well and stay low for a couple weeks if you can. those sprains are worse than breaks in most cases. :guru: :guru:
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:38 am
JD01 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:17 am
Yours is the trickiest!
Did you ultimately end up having it switch tempo throughout?
No, tempo is constant. Bob is having alternating time signatures. Will only take me an hour to sort it out, but I genuinely haven't had an hour when I'm awake enough to concentrate on time signatures and drum programming.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Of course I try to laryngitis before my long break.

I took two extra days off of school though, so hopefully I will mend quickly and I can do some recording.

Years past I would have "powered" through and been sick my whole time off. Not the new Tony.

Getting picked over for a promotion changes your point of view sometimes. :biggrin:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

OK, update.
I've finally worked out @Bubba's challenge for Verse 2 - Enjoy, I think you've got the trickiest job... by far!
I've processed all of VHS's tracks and done a prelim mix - Its spectacular! If you've never heard is "Abomination" raw, its something to behold. He also sent me so many vocal tracks he needs his own buss! Also, all those plips, squeaks and glitches
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

What the hell are yall up to now?
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:07 am What the hell are yall up to now?
This'll amuse you (make you want to vomit).
I've done a mix of Smells Like Teen Spirit. But then I've broken down all the 3 verses and 3 chorus, changed the drums and basslines to a rough approximation of what different people's styles are and sent drum and bass of sections to six different people for them to add a vocal and whatever instruments they want. They're then sending me back their tracks and I'm adding them into the master mix.

Lt. Bob is also going to do the solo.

So far I've received a verse from Alison and a chorus from VHS.
Bubba probably has the trickiest verse to do.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Yikes lol ok.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

We were workshopping the idea right when Tony claimed the song but decided it'd be fine to have the repeat.

It's probably gonna be real "what if 'we are the world' had way more drugs involved"
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:27 amYikes lol ok.
Paulman was gonna take a stab at doing the final chorus vocal as a faithful cover but he said he was struggling.
If he doesn't want to do it, Shan & I are gonna do it in the style of Leatherface.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:04 pm
Greg_L wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:27 amYikes lol ok.
Paulman was gonna take a stab at doing the final chorus vocal as a faithful cover but he said he was struggling.
If he doesn't want to do it, Shan & I are gonna do it in the style of Leatherface.
Looking forward to this one regardless of my involvement or not. It sounds like a clusterfuck really. :lollers2: :lollers2:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:07 pm
JD01 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:04 pm
Looking forward to this one regardless of my involvement or not. It sounds like a clusterfuck really. :lollers2: :lollers2:
I think its turning out pretty well so far, I figured VHS and Alison would be hardest to mix... but they're both great singers which really helps... don't think me and you have that advantage! :lollers2:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

That's why you'd stack everyone's vocals together at the end. A large crowd always sounds good!
rayc

Post by rayc »

Have all the tracks been compiled somewhere so I can listen to the new tribute album as a whole?
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

rayc wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am Have all the tracks been compiled somewhere so I can listen to the new tribute album as a whole?
I'm confident I deleted mine from the board so unless someone downloaded it at the time - and I hope they didn't - it is gone forever... :wink:
rayc

Post by rayc »

The thing seemed to have died incomplete.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Armistice wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:43 am
rayc wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am Have all the tracks been compiled somewhere so I can listen to the new tribute album as a whole?
I'm confident I deleted mine from the board so unless someone downloaded it at the time - and I hope they didn't - it is gone forever... :wink:
Aw boo! Why!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

rayc wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 pm The thing seemed to have died incomplete.
Kinda sad. Would have been good to stick up on bandcamp or something shareable of the sort.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Armistice wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:43 am
Just render it again you big baby!!! :mad2: :mad2: