As I Lie Awake the veeed Eee Yo.

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
rayc

As I Lie Awake the veeed Eee Yo.

Post by rayc »

BIAB supplied organ & drums.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Re: As I Lie Awake the veeed Eee Yo.

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Something I've always wondered, so is the project name "Pygmy Beat Extended" then?
It's always felt to me like the name was just Pygmy Beat, and "extended" was some kind of description, but then I could never figure out what the 'extended' was about.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bahndi Nahbox. πŸ˜€

Another good one ray. Videos are coming along nicely. I semi recall this track but i don't recall your vocal dropping down to that low deep range area. that's pretty different and cool for you!!! Cool tune!!
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: ↑Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:05 am Something I've always wondered, so is the project name "Pygmy Beat Extended" then?
It's always felt to me like the name was just Pygmy Beat, and "extended" was some kind of description, but then I could never figure out what the 'extended' was about.
I was in a band called The Naked Igwanaz in the early 80s. It was lead by a narcissistic American in Oz who decided that the drummer had to either shave off his beard to fit the "power pop' image or be sacked. John refused and he was sacked. The sax player & I then quit in protest. We formed a trio - Pygmy Beat - as we are all quite short & 2/3rds of the band was the rhythm section.
We "fell out" over the drummer bringing a mate into the band. His mate played an Explorer type guitar with a bulldog clips instead of strap buttons and a desire to morph everything into a metal song. We tried it for a couple of months and then talked to John, the drummer, about it. He said he'd stand by his mate so they both departed.The sax player soon went back to the power poop band who lowered themselves to things like Huey Lewis covers...BUT he & I kept writing together even after the drummer moved on,
After several job changes, (the sax player started out as a teacher like me), Terry was too busy, distant etc. to continue writing & recording. In 2010 or 11 I compiled a set of tracks we'd done, had them mastered and self released a CD/download album Like Lies To Children https://pygmybeat.bandcamp.com/ .
For a while I worked with my cello tutor writing and recording a few tunes and then needed a rockier approach so I drafted in some folk to help me with recording, (Greg L, Joey M & Ido1957). That became Pygmy Beat Augmented.
After three songs, (the Berlin trilogy), those folk worked sporadically with me but concentrated on their own projects. Joe Mizzi, the singer drafted me in a co-lyricist on his album fallen Angel, Greg Loyacano played drums &/or guitar on several tracks while Gerry Steele played lead on oodles of tracks until he retired from work and recording about three years ago. After that trio of songs I've collaborated with different people in different configurations as PB Extended still hanging onto the name in the hope of Terry returning. He contacted me last week and we are working on a song we started in 99 so there's hope.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

WhiskeyJack wrote: ↑Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:25 pm Bahndi Nahbox. πŸ˜€
Another good one ray. Videos are coming along nicely. I semi recall this track but i don't recall your vocal dropping down to that low deep range area. that's pretty different and cool for you!!! Cool tune!!
Thanks Shan.
Yeah, there was a draft up for a bit.
Cheers
rayc
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Nice @rayc

Where do you source you video clips and images from?
rayc

Post by rayc »

musicturtle wrote: ↑Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:53 pm Nice @rayc

Where do you source you video clips and images from?
For much of it I search YouTube then on the results page select Creative Commons from the filter...this gives me stuff I can copy.
For lots of stuff I look at
https://archive.org/details/movies
and
https://archive.org/details/prelinger

Everything downloads with options of torrents & direct as well as formats.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Archive.org is a great source

I've also got a stack of public domain horror DVDs, and I need to figure out how to rip these things. (Technically, most of them are on archive too, but it takes forever to download them)
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: ↑Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:28 am Archive.org is a great source

I've also got a stack of public domain horror DVDs, and I need to figure out how to rip these things. (Technically, most of them are on archive too, but it takes forever to download them)
I have oodles of them too...it's not so much the ripping as the cutting up that holds me back... it's a lot of scanning/skimming to find THE bit.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

rayc wrote: ↑Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:21 pm
I have oodles of them too...it's not so much the ripping as the cutting up that holds me back... it's a lot of scanning/skimming to find THE bit.
Yeah. Editing, finding samples, etc. They're all surprising amounts of work.