Gouge Away (Pixies cover) - multitracked video

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
paulman

Gouge Away (Pixies cover) - multitracked video

Post by paulman »

Been a long time since I made one of these videos showing all the parts being tracked. This is the easiest this process has ever gone for me, due to the fact that every part was done in one or two takes. Usually I have a mess of tracks and videos that have to be sorted and matched up because I do so many takes, but this one just flew together during the tracking process. It was editing the video that drove me to drink. Adobe Premiere is an unintuitive pain in the ass. The one issue is that the vocal video is a little wonky, because I switched between two takes on the recording, but I didn't switch video takes. I didn't think my vocal timing varied at all, but apparently it did.

Manslick

Re: Gouge Away (Pixies cover) - multitracked video

Post by Manslick »

cool
Louisville KY
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Man that's really good. Great cover of one of my favorite Pixies songs.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Cool BUT I almost gave up before the song started...suspecting there was a prob with my audio or your upload.
The slippers make it real.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Ha ha... love the dog paying rapt attention to your bass playing. Suspect he got locked out of the studio for the other bits... :lollers:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Nice. Well performed and tracked. I like videos like this showing the different parts being played.

Syncing does get so hard when using multiple videos. In my case my computer gets a bit overloaded and the preview gets wonky, then after I render I notice the problems and have to go back and try again. Powerdirector has a sync by audio function, but that is useless when multitrack recording.
stratmonkee

Post by stratmonkee »

That is great, your dog is awesome! You nailed this song, video is a real nice addition, thanks for sharing!