ok .... a Mutt P'up thread ....

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

Greg_L

Re: ok .... a Mutt P'up thread ....

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:59 pm

yeah I did see that ..... those guys start out so small for the giant killing machines they turn into
Lol right. It's like, look at the cute little kitty tiger. One week later he's ripping your arm off and completely disemboweling you with one swipe.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:27 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:59 pm

yeah I did see that ..... those guys start out so small for the giant killing machines they turn into
Lol right. It's like, look at the cute little kitty tiger. One week later he's ripping your arm off and completely disemboweling you with one swipe.
and that's just an accident ..... he was playing.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:29 pm
and that's just an accident ..... he was playing.
I've read that LSU will no longer parade the tiger around the stadium at home games. I guess that's okay, but I always thought it was really cool when they used to do it. They'd park Mike right at the visiting team's locker room so they had to run right by him as they came out. Hilarious. I'm gonna miss that.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I'm a big animal rights guy but I think they can underestimates animals ability to enjoy their humans' activities.
It seems entirely possible to me that a big cat might be able to enjoy the outing if they grew up doing it.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:47 pm I'm a big animal rights guy but I think they can underestimates animals ability to enjoy their humans' activities.
It seems entirely possible to me that a big cat might be able to enjoy the outing if they grew up doing it.
Right, I feel the same way. Mike the Tiger is king at LSU. I wouldn't let kids ride on his back or anything, but it's not like the Mikes over the years aren't used to people being around. And I know for certain that it's always been his choice to attend a game or not. I know that sounds weird, but all they do is back his trailer cage up to his habitat. That means "game time". He enters at his own will. Sometimes he wants to go, sometimes he doesn't. Any LSU home game that you've ever seen without Mike means that he just didn't want to go that day. Mike VI (RIP) was notorious for not being too interested in home games, so it was rare to see him at one. He's never been forced into his cage and paraded around, as far as I know. They just don't operate that way. Maybe this new Mike will enjoy it, but he won't even have the chance.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

GOT 'EM!!!!!!!

They're beautiful!

Well packed and just lovely to behold.
I can't wait tyo hear them ...... however ...... with hurricane clean-ip/ slight roof damage and anpther possibly on the way it's gonna be a few weeks I think before I can do anything with them.
But they're gorgeous!

Are the wiring colors standard as far as which are taps etc?
muttley

Post by muttley »

I'll check my notes and pm you.

Hope the clean up goes well and you get back to normal pretty quick...
muttley

Post by muttley »

There is nothing in my notes that says I did anything unusual so...

Humbucker Anico 2, Ni baseplate.

Adjustable coil. 4.45k

Start - Black
Finish - Green

Slug coil. 4.12k

Start - Red
Finish - White

Total output 8.6k

I recommend you use the Adjustable coil is you want to split. That has been scatter wound more aggressively to give a clearer more single coil vintage tone. Either would work.

Mutt90 Alnico 4 Ni baseplate.

Start -Black
Finish - Red.
Tap - White.

Output 8.02k
Tap @ 6.29k

You can check those with a multimetre just to be sure....