WhiskeyJack - Mutt90 set

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: WhiskeyJack - Mutt90 set

Post by WhiskeyJack »

As soon as this package was opened for about 15 seconds Gilly must have caught whiffs of Mutts Mutts, she was awfully friggin interested in this contents of this package. Was pretty cute.

You can barely see her in the bottom right but her hound nose was in overdrive.

:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Gilly wants to hear those pickups!
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Thats Mutt scent. Bitches cant resist...
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

So do i. this weekend i am hoping. I will record some before and after stuff See if i can't do the before stuff thursday night maybe.

Speaking of, what is the best thing to do to provide a good tone sampling review. I have that little Traynor amp that has a tone stack bypass which i think is pretty cool, becasue then I can just sort of get to the meat and potatoes of the pick up, but i have also heard the argument made that some people looking into pick ups like to hear them drenched in effects to see how they take to pedals?

I have a reverb pedal. That is it.

I also don't shred so i shan't be able to do any chuddly widdly shredcore stuff. from where i sit i think the important part will be the A/B before and after in this case and to really demonstrate the RW/RP aspect of mutts creation.

Feed back is welcome here.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:13 pm So do i. this weekend i am hoping. I will record some before and after stuff See if i can't do the before stuff thursday night maybe.

Speaking of, what is the best thing to do to provide a good tone sampling review. I have that little Traynor amp that has a tone stack bypass which i think is pretty cool, becasue then I can just sort of get to the meat and potatoes of the pick up, but i have also heard the argument made that some people looking into pick ups like to hear them drenched in effects to see how they take to pedals?

I have a reverb pedal. That is it.

I also don't shred so i shan't be able to do any chuddly widdly shredcore stuff. from where i sit i think the important part will be the A/B before and after in this case and to really demonstrate the RW/RP aspect of mutts creation.

Feed back is welcome here.
Just play the exact same thing through the exact same set up. That's all that matters for A/B'ing. You obviously want the only variable to be the pickups.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Pickups are tools. How you A/B them should reflect how you would normally use them. It's all down to how you can get the sound that you want from them and thats about it.

Example, If I get an impact driver to knock up a stud wall it would be pointless me testing it on wheel rim studs....:)
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Sounds good.