Collecting tone clips and tunes for new MuttPup website.

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

muttley

Collecting tone clips and tunes for new MuttPup website.

Post by muttley »

Guys i'm putting out a call to all those that have Mutt*Pups installed for tone samples and tunes that include them. These will be going on a new website and will get full link back and credits and if you sell you tunes or CD's or downloads then I will also link back to those as well..

I have a few pups I'd be happy to send out to anyone that would be interested in road testing them for review or to put together samples or include them in tunes.

Please let me know if you can help. I will of course reciprocate with all credit and promotion as needed or requested.
JD01

Re: Collecting tone clips and tunes for new MuttPup website.

Post by JD01 »

Of course - you can have as many clips of mine as you like.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I'll have two complete songs for you shortly. I use my Mutt90 a lot!
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

excellent. That would be really appreciated. Will discuss link backs later..
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Honestly Mutt, and this is no bullshit, the soapbar P90 you made for me is the best P90 I've ever heard. It's the perfect blend of bark and clarity. If you kept your build notes on it, that would be a good pickup to reproduce if you get any other punk rock clowns like me wanting one of your P90s.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I would if i had a muttpup and the sufficient chops to do them any justice as a reviewer. At best i'd be an interested buyer when things get rolling. Custom Tele pick ups i am shopping around for.

I love Greg's Mutt90, so i would be open to dropping a pair in my LpJr. If you had two floating around and were looking for some extra $
:happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm I would if i had a muttpup and the sufficient chops to do them any justice as a reviewer. At best i'd be an interested buyer when things get rolling. Custom Tele pick ups i am shopping around for.

I love Greg's Mutt90, so i would be open to dropping a pair in my LpJr. If you had two floating around and were looking for some extra $
I do as it happens, I have a second pup which is exactly as gergs that I spun up as a test for his pup, and I have a neck model to match which I did for my LP a while back. They are sitting in my pup draw waiting for covers and potting. I want to clear some space so if you are interested PM me. I can fit whatever colour covers you want. I assume these are soapbar? Not that it matters, its just a case of dropping the bobbins and magnets on a dog ear base plate if required. They are pole sized to suit a les paul as well.

Also I do tele custom pups too when you are ready..:)
muttley

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 am Honestly Mutt, and this is no bullshit, the soapbar P90 you made for me is the best P90 I've ever heard. It's the perfect blend of bark and clarity. If you kept your build notes on it, that would be a good pickup to reproduce if you get any other punk rock clowns like me wanting one of your P90s.
Cheers buddy. That recommendation will be going on my review page..;)

I keep records of all my stuff so not a problem to refer back if needs be. Easy to replicate and to tinker.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

muttley wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm I would if i had a muttpup and the sufficient chops to do them any justice as a reviewer. At best i'd be an interested buyer when things get rolling. Custom Tele pick ups i am shopping around for.

I do as it happens, I have a second pup which is exactly as gergs that I spun up as a test for his pup, and I have a neck model to match which I did for my LP a while back. They are sitting in my pup draw waiting for covers and potting. I want to clear some space so if you are interested PM me. I can fit whatever colour covers you want. I assume these are soapbar? Not that it matters, its just a case of dropping the bobbins and magnets on a dog ear base plate if required. They are pole sized to suit a les paul as well.

Also I do tele custom pups too when you are ready..:)
I'm all up in your inbox mutt.
:happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

I just flip flopped in your inbox..:)
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I sort of wish I'd got a 'bucker off you for Son of Gobshite instead of the BK, as the neck B90 doesn't suit my current playing, much. It is a great-sounding pickup, though, as is the BK! I could have another go, if you want?
Haggard Musician :mad:
muttley

Post by muttley »

Bubba wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 pm I sort of wish I'd got a 'bucker off you for Son of Gobshite instead of the BK, as the neck B90 doesn't suit my current playing, much. It is a great-sounding pickup, though, as is the BK! I could have another go, if you want?
PM me I have some buckers that I want to clear out.. We could do a deal on the bucker for a branding stamp sorta thing...;)
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

muttley wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 pm
Bubba wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 pm I sort of wish I'd got a 'bucker off you for Son of Gobshite instead of the BK, as the neck B90 doesn't suit my current playing, much. It is a great-sounding pickup, though, as is the BK! I could have another go, if you want?
PM me I have some buckers that I want to clear out.. We could do a deal on the bucker for a branding stamp sorta thing...;)
Well, I was going to do you a stamp to say thanks for the B90! I'm very happy with the Bare Knuckle, actually. I just would have liked to be able to supply you with a clip that typified my style and tone. :biggrin:
The BK is such a good pickup, but I've wondered if it wouldn't be better a tiny bit hotter but with all other characteristics the same.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Bubba wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:39 pm
muttley wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Well, I was going to do you a stamp to say thanks for the B90! I'm very happy with the Bare Knuckle, actually. I just would have liked to be able to supply you with a clip that typified my style and tone. :biggrin:
The BK is such a good pickup, but I've wondered if it wouldn't be better a tiny bit hotter but with all other characteristics the same.
Mate, I have what you are after... we will talk.

As far as the tone thing goes, it doesnt have be "your" tone allthough that would be good. It just needs to be representative of the pup...

Anyhoo, I have a hotter humbucker wind than your BK... lets talk. The best thing about pup swaps is that generally they are non destructive and reversible.. I have what you are after. Trust me, if I can impress theh gerg with getting a pup tone right I can prolly help the rest of you out.... ;)
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

All I meant by "my" style and tone was that I am a bridge pickup bloke, through and through - at least with a humbucker. My tone is unadulterated, straight into a Marshall with a bit of crunch. I could do with the guitar driving the input just a tiny bit more, without the associated boominess and fizziness of higher gain. I am well skint though since band income dropped off, so it would have to be through the bartering system. ;)
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Do you think you'd like my pickup bubba.

Not that I'm getting rid of it, but I'm sure mutt knows the spec.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:33 am Do you think you'd like my pickup bubba.

Not that I'm getting rid of it, but I'm sure mutt knows the spec.
I dunno, mate. Mine is a traditional lowish output PAF. I would like it to be the same, just wound a bit more, possibly?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Mines 10.5k so not crazy hot. But very bright and articulate. Cleans up lovely on the volume too
muttley

Post by muttley »

Bubba wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:45 pm All I meant by "my" style and tone was that I am a bridge pickup bloke, through and through - at least with a humbucker. My tone is unadulterated, straight into a Marshall with a bit of crunch. I could do with the guitar driving the input just a tiny bit more, without the associated boominess and fizziness of higher gain. I am well skint though since band income dropped off, so it would have to be through the bartering system. ;)
Go to PM matey, we can sort something out. I'd love to get you to do a stamp if possible and we can trade.. Sounds to me that you are quite happy with the BK but just want a little more clarity. You can do that by a slight overwind and more scatter and a change of magnet and possible a different cover. Money aint the problem..;) Remind me which BK you have in there? My memory thinks its a Riff Raff yes?
muttley

Post by muttley »

Bubba fyi...
muttpups.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.