MuttPups BubbaBucker review

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

muttley

Re: MuttPups BubbaBucker review

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 am
Greg_L wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 am

Ok cool. Roughcast A5s would probably be right in their wheelhouse. I'd need two bridge pickups. Probably around 11.5k. They like em hot. But they need to be able to clean up fairly well. Not like sparkly clean clean, but reasonable clean up with volume rolled back.

I'm not sure on the looks yet. This will be a surprise for both of them so let me poke around and see what they'd want. I'll get back to you.
My MuttBucker is probably more on point for them. Its 10.5k.
TBH, I think thats about as hot as you can safely go without starting to go all wooly and mushy at the low end. I have a plan for 44awg on the screw coil hotter version should work and would give a tele sound split. When I have time I'm going to run a few up and try em out.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 am A while ago, myself and Muttley had a conversation on here . . . .
if you had some pics of this i would like to instagram this if all parties are cool with that.
:happytrees:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm
Bubba wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 am A while ago, myself and Muttley had a conversation on here . . . .
if you had some pics of this i would like to instagram this if all parties are cool with that.
Do you mean pics of the humbucker? Or pics of the conversation? :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Do you mean pics of the humbucker? Or pics of the conversation? :biggrin:
HAHAHA!!! pics of the humbucker, the install if any exist and finished product installed in your guit. I am just trying to pump mutts tires and the site when i can on there. I smeared it on the twitters just now but pictures for Instagram would go to more kindred spirits. :like:

If not it's no big deal really.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I didn't take pics of the install, but I can take a pic of it in the guitar.
Haggard Musician :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:12 pm I didn't take pics of the install, but I can take a pic of it in the guitar.
yea thats fine, you can Pm them them or email them to me. or you know, post them here :like: :happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote:
Bubba wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:12 pm I didn't take pics of the install, but I can take a pic of it in the guitar.
yea thats fine, you can Pm them them or email them to me. or you know, post them here :like: :happytrees:
I have pics and video if it coming together. Will see what I can find later.

Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk