New mixing room - an "Oh Bollocks" story.

General recording topics.
Bubba

Re: New mixing room - an "Oh Bollocks" story.

Post by Bubba »

rayc wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:47 am You could do a Stray Cats cover. That only needs snare & cymbal.
That, and more guitar talent than I possess. :D
Haggard Musician :mad:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 am

Brian Setzer doesn't get nearly enough credit for his skills. That dude fucking rips and he doesn't hide behind gobs of distortion and delay.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Never heard Stray Cats - anything particular you reckon I should listen to?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:18 am Never heard Stray Cats - anything particular you reckon I should listen to?
What? How could anyone have never heard the Stray Cats? Check out the early stuff. Stray Cats, Gonna Ball, Built for Speed.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:21 am
JD01 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:18 am Never heard Stray Cats - anything particular you reckon I should listen to?
What? How could anyone have never heard the Stray Cats? Check out the early stuff. Stray Cats, Gonna Ball, Built for Speed.
Cool - I'll listen in a bit. Just listening to Sound Awake by Karnivool which Liv would love and you would hate! I'll need something less dark and proggy when this is over.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:21 am Built for Speed.
Awesome, this sounds like Bill Haley!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:13 am
Bubba wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 am

Brian Setzer doesn't get nearly enough credit for his skills. That dude fucking rips and he doesn't hide behind gobs of distortion and delay.
Setzer and the Rev Horton Heat are true gems of modern rock and roll. not enough credit to either of them.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 12:55 pm
Setzer and the Rev Horton Heat are true gems of modern rock and roll. not enough credit to either of them.
I'm pretty lukewarm on the Rev. He's such a cunt.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 3:04 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 12:55 pm
I'm pretty lukewarm on the Rev. He's such a cunt.
I wouldn't know really ? I just know what i see and hear. Guy can play some cool stuff.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 3:49 pm

I wouldn't know really ? I just know what i see and hear. Guy can play some cool stuff.
Yeah I've met him a few times going way way way back. I like his music, but I just can't get past how much of a cunt he was to me and my homies.
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Harrumph! My thread has descended into chit-chat about sub-rockabilly guitar shredders. :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 5:04 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Yeah I've met him a few times going way way way back. I like his music, but I just can't get past how much of a cunt he was to me and my homies.
Dude that sucks.

I hear that about so many people. Other friends of mine will play shows with artists they love and they discoverer they are pretty shitty people. it can really ruin the music. on the other hand some other musicians are fantastic people. Sorry to hear you guys got shit on by the rev greg. that sucks
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 5:25 pm Harrumph! My thread has descended into chit-chat about sub-rockabilly guitar shredders. :mad:
Sorry i'll see myself out now.

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Dude that sucks.

I hear that about so many people. Other friends of mine will play shows with artists they love and they discoverer they are pretty shitty people. it can really ruin the music. on the other hand some other musicians are fantastic people. Sorry to hear you guys got shit on by the rev greg. that sucks
I've hung out with people WAY more famous than him and they were awesome. And this was back in the early 90s when he was mostly still nothing. I mean, there were like 50 people at his shows. We opened for him every time he came through, and he was a cunt every time. Lol. He was nowhere near good or famous enough to be such a twat. :shit:
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

I saw them in 80 on their 1st Oz tour. Grab the 1st album then work from there. Their cover of Can't Hurry Love was cool too. Ace live band - a deceptively simple sound that could fill a concert venue easily.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

rayc wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 4:46 am
I saw them in 80 on their 1st Oz tour. Grab the 1st album then work from there. Their cover of Can't Hurry Love was cool too. Ace live band - a deceptively simple sound that could fill a concert venue easily.
I've been listening to Built For Speed which apparently contains most of their first album.
rayc

Post by rayc »

I LOVE the Lust For Life style intro, (well, L4L & several other songs), amongst other things...[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBy4u7qngBs[/BBvideo]
Cheers
rayc
cakewalkKaKed
Location: wallowing in a particular insanity of any given time

Post by cakewalkKaKed »

Bubba wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 8:28 am

1. The CD player isn't reading discs properly just now.

aint the best and its ending soon (click view original listing) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Blue ... Sw7GRZBax4

can drag tracks to phone and play through car radio via bluetooth.. or bung em on SD card and play from there .. theres hundreds of these things if you search fleabay :)

anyhoo,saves dicking about writing CD`s or wiring up that new stereo you might need
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

cakewalkKaKed wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 5:26 am
Bubba wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 8:28 am

1. The CD player isn't reading discs properly just now.

aint the best and its ending soon (click view original listing) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Blue ... Sw7GRZBax4

can drag tracks to phone and play through car radio via bluetooth.. or bung em on SD card and play from there .. theres hundreds of these things if you search fleabay :)

anyhoo,saves dicking about writing CD`s or wiring up that new stereo you might need
Thanks, Cake. Believe it or not, I don't own a smart phone and I have no immediate plans to do so. :biggrin: The stereo already has a bluetooth connection - it's a decent bit of kit. I DO have an aux input on the stereo and an MP3 player, though. I didn't even know the input was there till I just looked at the manual - there's a tiny cover over it that flips up with a fingernail. It's not even marked!
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

My new mixing setup. :not worthy: :smug:

P1020052.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.