What to work on next?

General recording topics.
Armistice

What to work on next?

Post by Armistice »

Last night was the first night for a couple of weeks I wasn't beavering away on a track.

I have a bit of a quandary now. I have three potential things:

Choon A: Just needs singing
Choon B: Needs words and singing
Choon C: Is basically a barely started idea

I think I need to do a shitload of singing practice before I attempt more vocals, as I'm sounding pretty wavery in my casual "wander around the apartment with the track on the background" attempts at Choon A.

Choon B I'm worried is a bit overtly jangle poppy compared to recent stuff I've done and I have zero ideas for lyrics just at the moment.

Choon C is a more of a straight out rock song - but I've only got the basic idea fleshed out.

At this stage I'm tending towards Choon C - I feel the need to rock it up a bit, especially with the new Les Paul, whilst practicing the vocals for Choon A, and relegating, again, Choon B to the back of the queue.

But I may not start tonight. I'm feeling lazy and I'm just getting into the second series of Mr Robot. :biggrin:
JD01

Re: What to work on next?

Post by JD01 »

I'd go for C. But then I always procrastinate terribly about anything vocal related.
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

New LP = no question it has to be C
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Yeah whatever option has the most rock and the most Les Paul is the one I'd go with.
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Yep, that's the way I'm going. The Les Paul is on Tune A, but it's not really a rocker. Plus I feel a hankering to do a guitar solo, so that means a new track from scratch. Could take forever... :lollers:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Armistice wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:10 am Yep, that's the way I'm going. The Les Paul is on Tune A, but it's not really a rocker. Plus I feel a hankering to do a guitar solo, so that means a new track from scratch. Could take forever... :lollers:
You should really try 4 chords with screaming. You'll knock them out much faster.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I have to work on getting another job.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:31 pm I have to work on getting another job.
:cry:

sorry man. What happened?
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 pm
Bubba wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:31 pm I have to work on getting another job.
:cry:

sorry man. What happened?
Well, there have been swingeing budget cuts for schools in Britain in this year. We were told just before Christmas that our technician team would have to undergo "reorganisation". What that meant was that we were to lose one of our team by April. So, I am a trained School science technician with fifteen years' experience, multiple skills, numerous extra training diplomas, four years service in a grade above what I am currently working at and seven years in this particular role. They have given my job to a 24-year old person who has been with us for two years, has to ask me five times a day how to do stuff and doesn't know one end of a soldering iron from another. They have trouble spelling oscilloscope, never mind setting one up. To say I am incensed and distraught doesn't quite do my feelings justice.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:02 pm
Well, there have been swingeing budget cuts for schools in Britain in this year. We were told just before Christmas that our technician team would have to undergo "reorganisation". What that meant was that we were to lose one of our team by April. So, I am a trained School science technician with fifteen years' experience, multiple skills, numerous extra training diplomas, four years service in a grade above what I am currently working at and seven years in this particular role. They have given my job to a 24-year old person who has been with us for two years, has to ask me five times a day how to do stuff and doesn't know one end of a soldering iron from another. They have trouble spelling oscilloscope, never mind setting one up. To say I am incensed and distraught doesn't quite do my feelings justice.
Wow man, I'm very sorry to hear that. That really sucks ass. The few good vibes I have are being sent your way.
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Bubba wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:02 pm Well, there have been swingeing budget cuts for schools in Britain in this year. We were told just before Christmas that our technician team would have to undergo "reorganisation". What that meant was that we were to lose one of our team by April. So, I am a trained School science technician with fifteen years' experience, multiple skills, numerous extra training diplomas, four years service in a grade above what I am currently working at and seven years in this particular role. They have given my job to a 24-year old person who has been with us for two years, has to ask me five times a day how to do stuff and doesn't know one end of a soldering iron from another. They have trouble spelling oscilloscope, never mind setting one up. To say I am incensed and distraught doesn't quite do my feelings justice.
Defies comprehension doesn't it? I know I can't "do" anything to help but let me know if in some way I can. You've got my number.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Thanks, guys. They were lucky to have my skills. Somewhere else will get the benefit, now.
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

Luckily, we still have the cash to renew our nuclear weapons. Hopefully, that won't go missing as well.

Sorry man, wish I could help in some way - let us know if you think of anything we can do. Bubba-Aid, maybe!
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

jonny deep wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:34 pm Luckily, we still have the cash to renew our nuclear weapons. Hopefully, that won't go missing as well.

Sorry man, wish I could help in some way - let us know if you think of anything we can do. Bubba-Aid, maybe!
LOL, Thanks, Jonny. I'm not in the poorhouse yet, fella. :D