Focusrite Plugin Collective

Troubleshooting your gear or shopping around for new stuff. This is where you need to be.
zed32
Location: On the beachside combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change

Focusrite Plugin Collective

Post by zed32 »

I didn't know whether to post this in the hardware or DAW section, but for anyone who has Focusrite gear, make sure to register it online so you can get some free plugins through their Plugin Collective. It gets updated every month, and I've scored a few very useful plugins from there.

This month they have a lite version of the BIAS amp simulator plugin (and stand-alone app). I haven't tried it yet, but I've actually been looking at a lot of YouTube reviews recently and from what I've heard so far, it sounds pretty amazing. The lite version that I downloaded from Focusrite lacks a lot of the tweaking features, but it does let you mess with the preamp section, and it doesn't have the momentary audio dropouts that the demo version has.

It also let me choose one free instrument from Addictive Keys, which is apparently a really good VSTi key/piano sim (and normally costs $90). https://www.xlnaudio.com/addictivekeys

Check it out!
rayc

Re: Focusrite Plugin Collective

Post by rayc »

Ta Zed
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Great, I'll check this out. I don't check their site often enough as I have Focusrite gear, Bubba does too.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Thanks buddy, i just registered my focusrite product a couple weeks ago and got the scarlett suite. I'll hop on there this week sometime and grab this too.
:happytrees:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm Thanks buddy, i just registered my focusrite product a couple weeks ago and got the scarlett suite. I'll hop on there this week sometime and grab this too.
Did you get their Red Suite? Those two are ace.
Haggard Musician :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm Thanks buddy, i just registered my focusrite product a couple weeks ago and got the scarlett suite. I'll hop on there this week sometime and grab this too.
I just grabbed the one that comes free with the purchase of a piece of hardware ? Not entirely sure what it was called.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:57 pm
Bubba wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 pm

I just grabbed the one that comes free with the purchase of a piece of hardware ? Not entirely sure what it was called.

Have another look at the site. They might not be offering them anymore, but they're really good hardware emulations of their Red series compressor and EQ.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Brilliant. i'll take a peek as soon as i can get to it.

Actually i suppose i can just log into my account at work eh? lol.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Looks like it is available for me to download. question is do i need a license key or anything? Probably.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 7:17 pm Looks like it is available for me to download. question is do i need a license key or anything? Probably.
If I remember correctly it's all part of the download. It's not an iLok thing.
zed32
Location: On the beachside combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change

Post by zed32 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 7:17 pm Looks like it is available for me to download. question is do i need a license key or anything? Probably.
If it's there for you to download, it's yours. I got the red bundle for free with my interface. :coolstorybro:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Yes, I really like the SoftTube stuff they give you as well. For Christmas I upgraded to the 2nd gen 2i2 and got an Addictive Drums perk too. The Bias AMP Sim plug in does sound great, tried it for the first time last weekend and was really pleased.