Anyone use "Ambience" VST reverb plug?

This should be self explanatory.
Armistice

Anyone use "Ambience" VST reverb plug?

Post by Armistice »

I was looking for a different reverb to put on "the solo" than what's on the rest of the tune, and I dug around in the VST section and found this one, and selected something I thought sounded OK. Trouble is, pretty much every time I load the program up again, it seems to default to some really huge cathedral reverb - even though the selected reverb doesn't appear to change.

So I have to go in, select something else, then go select the original again to get it to work properly. Weird.

I'm wondering if it's a malfunction or just the developer being annoying so I'll buy the paid version, except that, seeing I can't figure out why it's doing it, I won't. :crazy:
Bubba

Re: Anyone use "Ambience" VST reverb plug?

Post by Bubba »

I use Ambience (the Magnus@ Smartelectron one?), about as often as I use my Scarlett. I've used it for years and I've never experienced what you're describing. The program is completely free, anyway, so I doubt that it's a developer "nag" thing. I would delete it and reinstall, see how you go. I'm on PC, maybe it's a Mac thing?
Haggard Musician :mad:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Bubba wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 am I use Ambience (the Magnus@ Smartelectron one?), about as often as I use my Scarlett. I've used it for years and I've never experienced what you're describing. The program is completely free, anyway, so I doubt that it's a developer "nag" thing. I would delete it and reinstall, see how you go. I'm on PC, maybe it's a Mac thing?
Maybe I've got the name wrong then. This one definitely has a "buy the full version" button on the interface. I'm a PC guy, so it's not a Mac thang.

It's no real biggie - I have other plugs but I don't mind this particular patch and I just have to be careful i reset it before i render.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Armistice wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:53 am
Bubba wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 am I use Ambience (the Magnus@ Smartelectron one?), about as often as I use my Scarlett. I've used it for years and I've never experienced what you're describing. The program is completely free, anyway, so I doubt that it's a developer "nag" thing. I would delete it and reinstall, see how you go. I'm on PC, maybe it's a Mac thing?
Maybe I've got the name wrong then. This one definitely has a "buy the full version" button on the interface. I'm a PC guy, so it's not a Mac thang.

It's no real biggie - I have other plugs but I don't mind this particular patch and I just have to be careful i reset it before i render.
No, years ago it was a donation thing with a nag screen. Now it's freeware. I would download it again, it's one of my favourite plugins. Incidentally, do you have the plugin set to dock in the bridging window? Sometimes that can cause problems with 32-bit effects.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Roman

Post by Roman »

Reintstall.
It's a great reverb plug in.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Must be an early version then. I may hunt it down and replace. Although it seems to have stopped the annoying behaviour now! It's 32 bit bridged with JBridge, incidentally.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.