REAPER CRASHES WHEN OPENING NEWER PROJECTS

This should be self explanatory.
rayc

REAPER CRASHES WHEN OPENING NEWER PROJECTS

Post by rayc »

Hello folks,
Like it says on the box...I save each tweak to a project under a modified name so that I can move back or forward if things don't sound good after a few listens.
the last few of these saves won't load. Reaper begins the load, stalls & goes into the little holding pattern before reporting a problem and closing.
I've managed to reopen one of these after persisting for 1/2 an hour and saving it under a newer name in a hope that things'll be good but NO LUCK. My latest project, HSB, had some significant changes recently and I was unable to reopen the changed project so had to go through an earlier version and retweak as much as I could recall.
Any ideas what might be going wrong and how I might avoid this in future?
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Re: REAPER CRASHES WHEN OPENING NEWER PROJECTS

Post by Greg_L »

Do older projects open normally?
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Not sure if this will help or not Ray, but you can try....

Open a new/empty project in Reaper....Click "File" (at the top left menu), then navigate to where your project(s) are, then click "Open", look at the bottom of the pop-up window & you choose "Offline FX"...
recovery mode.PNG
This will let you load each plug-in one by one, & may help you find the cause of the problem, you may have a plug-in that's gone rogue dude...Let us know if this helps or not...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Greg,
yeah, any project more than a week old opens.
Minerman,
I'll try that now.
Thanks in anticipation.
Cheers
rayc
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

When making all those changes to that one song ray, did you change any settings to reapers functionality or was it all just mixing changes and stuff song specific?
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Shannon,
No mate I didn't. I managed to open an ealier version today and deleted all of the VSTs I'd left in the FX folder but wasn't using. I then saved the project and it reopened...yeah. I tried MM's idea bt I was unable to open the projects through that process. ass I said, I saved & then renamed and saved & that opened with no problem, (though I'm going to try agin in an hour to be sure).
The newest VST/plugin was a reverb called ambient and I dumped Classic limiter as well as a couple of others.
I suppose I should keep records om the recordings like I used to in the days of tape but I'm much lazier now.
Cheers
rayc
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I would just re-install REAPER. Un-install it first, you won't lose your own files, and re-install. Sometimes something as simple as re-starting your computer can solve it, too.