Friedman Amp Sim

This should be self explanatory.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Friedman Amp Sim

Post by WhiskeyJack »

After hanging out in Texas i returned to Canada with a bit of GAS for acquiring a Friedman Amp of some flavor, but like many i have no moolah available currently for such an acquisition. I make a point however, to regualrly check classifieds, shops online merhcnats and stuff in hopes i come across a steal or something? Every week is the same thing. I find nothing.

Today is similar but i did find this:

Friedman Amp Plug Ins.

I am sure it is making a few members shudder just reading it but it might be fun to try out and see what you could get out if it. Amp Sims have come along way, still not a replacement for the real thing but to make the same excuses, sometimes it's all a guy can get.

It looks a little bit over priced considering what it is and what alternatives are out there, a quick snooping around didn't reveal much in terms of a user demo, some soundcloud samples but no demos by the looks of things.

I was thinking that maybe i could take a shot in the dark, email UA, telling the about our site, who we are what we are about and and see if they would mind donating one license + download to one of our members for a full in depth review and rundown of the product. It costs nothing to do that and the worst they are going to say is no.

In the event they agree to that i would be inclined to nominate minerman to do the review and stuff only because i feel he has had the most experience and genuinely has made the best concerted effort and use of an amp sim that i have seen / heard. Add to that i know he has another piece of full blown "industry standard" amp sim software he could in theory A/B the Friedman plug with to see if it justifies that 249$ price tag. Just my :twocents:

Again it doesn't hurt to just go after it cause it really costs me nothing to send an email and someone elses time to use and review.

Discuss.
:happytrees:
Minerman

Re: Friedman Amp Sim

Post by Minerman »

Wow Shan, you really know how to make a guy feel good...There are lots of folks right here that IMO, do a lot better with software, but the compliments are flattering dude, thanks!!!!

Universal Audio Guitar/Bass Plugins

Dunno if you were aware of the rest of their ampsims, but I do have to admit, they've nailed the GUI/look of these plugins for sure...

I've been drooling over these plugins for a long time now, but the price tag always brings me down to earth pretty quick...I've read about a lot of folks that swear by UA's stuff, but I've never had the chance to try them myself...

To me, it's not crazy at all to use plugins for guitar/bass tones dude...I'm in the "if it sounds good, it's good) gang, & it doesn't matter what you use, the final product is the main concern...

If you'd wanna e-mail UA, I'd do a demo for all of us here, but I have no idea if UA would be up to that or not...

There might be a problem because of their software being tied to their hardware, if I'm not mistaken you need one of their interfaces or other hardware to use 'em....

I'm game if it happens dude, e-mail 'em...the worst they can say is "No"...

I'd like to hear from the rest of the gang here if anyone else might want to do the demo instead of me (if it happens)...

Again, thanks for the compliments dude!!!
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Minerman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:35 pm
To me, it's not crazy at all to use plugins for guitar/bass tones dude...I'm in the "if it sounds good, it's good) gang, & it doesn't matter what you use, the final product is the main concern...
This is why i nominated you.

I think maybe asking them for a demo of all them is a bit much given that our audience is so small and the likely hood of them seeing any kind of real financial gain from giving us ALL of them. But i think it is fair, to assume we'd have a better shot at getting one plug in to try out with the potential of selling maybe 2 or 3 licenses and getting a fair review out there might be good enough? Who knows??

I'll wait and see if anyone else chimes in before i send anything though.
:happytrees:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Cool man, just lemme know what's up...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Friedman's actual amps are bad ass, so if the sims do half as good, they should be quite nice.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:38 am Friedman's actual amps are bad ass, so if the sims do half as good, they should be quite nice.
Fuck, someone tell Greg his account has been hacked.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:13 am Fuck, someone tell Greg his account has been hacked.
I can be objective sometimes!

I don't hate sims. I hate it when sim users that have never used a real amp talk about how great sims are.
Rebel Yell
ocnor

Post by ocnor »

IMO the clips of the sims on their site sound pretty terrible.
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.