Reaper standard VSTs

This should be self explanatory.
Armistice

Re: Reaper standard VSTs

Post by Armistice »

rayc wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:33 am http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=1874
I've had it for years but I only use it occasionally as I don't play lead so have little use for delay unless I'm going psychaedelic again.
It's only 32 not 64 though.
Thanks ray - I've snaffled it and will go put it on the recording machine... :coolstorybro:
rayc

Post by rayc »

The others in the series are OK. I use the limiter occasionally.
Cheers
rayc
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

rayc wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:08 pm The others in the series are OK. I use the limiter occasionally.
I like the Kaujerhaus Classic series stuff. I think the only thing I use in pretty much every song is the delay. Love the delay.

I tried the limiter, but it pumps way too much compared to the Waves L3 at the same settings. The Classic (graphic) EQ looks cool, but I have no use for it. I love the flanger, but it's something I only use occasinally. I think I used flanger on my last two tunes, actually, but that's an exception.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Yeah Rami,
I've used the limiter because I have nothing better - Waves L3 - those things are expensive aren't they?
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

rayc wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:17 am Yeah Rami,
I've used the limiter because I have nothing better - Waves L3 - those things are expensive aren't they?
Try Event Horizon. There's a version on Reaper or if you're not a Reaperfile, you can get a nag version from the usual VST sites...
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I think they're usually expensive. But on more than one occasion, I've bought mini-bundles that were on sale from WAVES.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I think they're usually expensive. But on more than one occasion, I've bought mini-bundles that were on sale from WAVES. The other 99% of my plugs are freebees.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Jdude, the stock plugins that come with Reaper will do about anything others will...You just have to learn to use your ears, instead of looking at a pretty gui...I'm guilty of this myself, but just sayin'...

If you use midi, the JS effects are full of great little tools to help you along too...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Minerman wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:46 pm Jdude, the stock plugins that come with Reaper will do about anything others will...You just have to learn to use your ears, instead of looking at a pretty gui...I'm guilty of this myself, but just sayin'...

If you use midi, the JS effects are full of great little tools to help you along too...
Miner, I don't disagree - I do mainly use the stock reaper VSTs. Pretty much the only non-reaper one I use is Focusrite's compressor. Mainly 'cos it looks nicer so is easy to use.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:46 pm
Minerman wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:46 pm Jdude, the stock plugins that come with Reaper will do about anything others will...You just have to learn to use your ears, instead of looking at a pretty gui...I'm guilty of this myself, but just sayin'...

Miner, I don't disagree - I do mainly use the stock reaper VSTs. Pretty much the only non-reaper one I use is Focusrite's compressor. Mainly 'cos it looks nicer so is easy to use.
Focusrite's Red compressor is fantastic, as is the eq that comes with it. The drum buss preset is a lovely, punchy parallel setting that's not too extreme. I love it.
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bubba wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:17 am
JD01 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:46 pm
Focusrite's Red compressor is fantastic, as is the eq that comes with it. The drum buss preset is a lovely, punchy parallel setting that's not too extreme. I love it.
Oh, I haven't looked at the drum buss preset or EQ. I will do later cos I'm doing more drum mixing this evening