How the hell did I do this? (Reaper)

This should be self explanatory.
Armistice

How the hell did I do this? (Reaper)

Post by Armistice »

So I clicked something somewhere and now all my waveforms are pretty colours! :lollers: Looks nice, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. :redface: :eep: :frown:
Pretty Reaper.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Re: How the hell did I do this? (Reaper)

Post by Greg_L »

Set tracks to random colors?
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:48 pm Set tracks to random colors?
Must be that. I use colors for my tracks, but I've never seen what you have going on, Armi.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:33 pm Must be that. I use colors for my tracks, but I've never seen what you have going on, Armi.
He's got a bunch of little pieces. They usually get a different color when you have it on random.
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I don't think it was that. It was something that took some analysing by Reaper - a little screen popped up while it worked it out, aandthen all the colours changed. I'll have a look on the weekend, see if I can work it out. I added the track colours later.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

OK, this is what you did. You had all those tracks selected and then you hit "D". NOT "Control + D"...Just simply "D", which is "Dynamic Split Items".
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I'm surprised though, because after it does all that splitting, you still have to press "Yes" or whatever it is you have to press to make it take effect. I'm sure "CONTROL Z" will get rid of it.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Hmmm... I probably went Yes to see what would happen! Too late now for Ctrl Z though. Interesting. Don't know what value that adds...
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Not sure. It splits the items where there's silence, I think. There must be a reason someone would want to do that to a track.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

You can just glue them all back together. Select the items, right click, and select "Glue Items".
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I just googled that. I'm at work so can't check. Don't think that's it as I wouldn't have ignored that dialogue box.

Think it's "spectral peaks" but still no idea what I did to get it or what it does...
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Spectral Peaks sound like they played at Woodstock.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Even without that, your Reaper looks nothing like my Reaper. When did you last do an update?
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I just use the generic reaper.

One thing I have never worked out how to use in Reaper is takes. When I've got more than one take on a line I can't work out how to delete any of the unwanted ones without leaving stuff looking weird and in funny colours. So I just check every take after I've done it and delete it if I'm not happy.
rayc

Post by rayc »

JD01 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:25 am I just use the generic reaper.

One thing I have never worked out how to use in Reaper is takes. When I've got more than one take on a line I can't work out how to delete any of the unwanted ones without leaving stuff looking weird and in funny colours. So I just check every take after I've done it and delete it if I'm not happy.
That or save it and try to do a new/better one in a new track.
Occasionally I accidentally do a 2nd take on the same line but it confuses the hell out of me.
Cheers
rayc
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:25 am I just use the generic reaper.

There's a function called something like "explode all takes to separate channels" I use that.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Bubba wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:22 am Even without that, your Reaper looks nothing like my Reaper. When did you last do an update?
Few months back. That is this relatively new function called "spectral peaks", I have confirmed that. I just haven't dug into it yet, given that I'm currently at my GFs office Xmas party and not at home in the studio. I'll have a look tomorrow when I go home. Frequency is represented by colour. Not sure what this adds, but apparently Samplitude has it and this is Reaper's take on it.

Updating wouldn't change the skin anyway. I don't even know now what this one is but it's what I'm used to.

When I was at Richard's place during the week I'm wondering how TF he can work with whatever skin he had... :mrgreen:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I hate getting on someone else's Reaper. You don't realize how used to your own "skin" you are until you try to work with someone else's shitty skin.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

They've got some videos about the feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... g-mHxJl_Ks

It looks cool, but I haven't delved into it yet.

That looks a lot like the skin I use otherwise ("v3 classic" or whatever)
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 am I hate getting on someone else's Reaper. You don't realize how used to your own "skin" you are until you try to work with someone else's shitty skin.
Exactly! Meters at the bottom of the screen for all tracks is my pet hate - I don't need to see everything all the time. And dark skins too - I prefer lighter tones - eek, I'm a Reaper racist and I didn't even know it. :biggrin:

So, anyway - View / Peak Settings or something is how you get to this, although that's not what I did to start it off - still not sure how I did that.

It brings up a dialogue and you can adjust your personal rainbow so that low notes are pink and highs blue, or whatever - and adjust the degree of opacity and a bunch of other stuff... so you can make your Reaper display looking like a fucking gay pride march if you want to.

Haven't worked out what I'd use it for yet, though. Prolly something in that video VHS just posted.