Teach me video

General recording topics.
Greg_L

Re: Teach me video

Post by Greg_L »

I think my choppy video problem might be operator error. I don't know anything about formats or resolutions or bitrates or any of that shit.

I'm sure there's some setting I'm simply getting very wrong.
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:05 pm I think my choppy video problem might be operator error. I don't know anything about formats or resolutions or bitrates or any of that shit.

I'm sure there's some setting I'm simply getting very wrong.
I'm inclined to agree. I'll have to dig thru the options tonight when I get home and see if I can remember what settings I've used. It's usually a matter of finding the right bitrate and format, and then you're home free.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm inclined to agree. I'll have to dig thru the options tonight when I get home and see if I can remember what settings I've used. It's usually a matter of finding the right bitrate and format, and then you're home free.
The source video is not choppy. It's only after I've passed it through the rendering process. The audio sounds fine. The video stutters a little.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WTF kind of format is this? AVCHD Video (.MTS)

I shot a little test vid with my camera and Reaper will not let me import it.

Playing with video fucking sucks ass. This is fucking stupid.
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

AVHCD is a proprietary Sony format. I would think that it'd be supported by VLC/Reaper.

I'm not familiar with the .MTS file type. Is there an option on the camera to record in an MP4 or MOV file type?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:44 pm AVHCD is a proprietary Sony format. I would think that it'd be supported by VLC/Reaper.

I'm not familiar with the .MTS file type. Is there an option on the camera to record in an MP4 or MOV file type?
No idea. I might need to find the manual.
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I've been reading the manual off and on today. I'm a dork like that. :D

When I have a little time, I'll see if there's an option for output/recording format.

The manual is online here if you want to take a gander: https://docs.sony.com/release//HDRCX130_EN_ES.pdf
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:17 pm I've been reading the manual off and on today. I'm a dork like that. :D

When I have a little time, I'll see if there's an option for output/recording format.

The manual is online here if you want to take a gander: https://docs.sony.com/release//HDRCX130_EN_ES.pdf
This is already a fucking nightmare.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:33 pm You running windows? You can install Windows Movie Maker using the Add/Remove Programs or Turn Windows Features On or Off menu. (I'm sure Mac has some equivalent too)
The newer version isn't as easy to use as the old version but it's easy enough.
I have a comp running XP and the old packaged version of WMM is good.
Cheers
rayc