Iggy Pop's Tour Rider

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
miroslav

Iggy Pop's Tour Rider

Post by miroslav »

I'm sure some of you have seen this before (though I think this is a new/updated version).
While the technical requirements and equipment list are a fun read...the comments and asides scattered throughout the rider are hilarious! :P

http://www.iggypop.org/stoogesrider

"And here's another thing. you might be anble to help me with. Why is it that lighting men switch the strobes on for ages, while everybody is trying to work, and when you ask why, they say they are "testing them"?
Strobes are designed to be intermittent, aren't they?
So how can they tell they're not fucked?"
Greg_L

Re: Iggy Pop's Tour Rider

Post by Greg_L »

Yup, that rider is legendary.

I particularly like this part:

3 x JCM 800 SINGLE CHANNEL MASTER VOLUME MARSHALL AMP HEADS 100 WATT
that have been tested recently. And when I say "recently", I don't mean "Sometime in the three weeks preceding the occasion when it fell 3 metres off the top shelf in the warehouse as we were fork-lifting it back up, after it came back from that Inane Clown Pussy gig where they had the 'Piss On The Live Marshall Amplifier Competition' (If you make smoke and sparks come out, and you are still alive afterwards, we'll give you a bottle of Miller Lite. And a go on the band's skateboard. And some clown make up.) The sound it made as it hit the concrete!! BAD-OI-OI-OING!!! How we laughed"
No! I mean recently. Within living memory. Preferably that of a goldfish.
The actual model number of the amplifiers is 2203.
There should be six (6) knobs - which our guitar roadie Chris will personally count on arrival, (and trust me, he's a very good counter I once saw him count four dozen packets of guitar strings in what seemed to be the blink of an eye, but was probably more like 20 seconds; I would say he is the closest thing we have in our touring party to a mathematical genius. Very good at Sudoku, and a genuinely pleasant chap to have around. On the other hand, he does have some rather unfortunate ideas on the descent of the panda. ( Please see Monitor Requirements Rider for further details ).

Where was I?
Oh yes.
Six (6) knobs (did I mention that this should be the number of knobs on each amplifier? So I think that would be eighteen altogether, Anyway, Chris has got a calculator)
And the names of these knobs shall be WAR, PESTILENCE, FAMINE...Aargh! What am I saying? I mean
PRESENCE, BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE, PRE- and POST- GAIN.
And there should be TWO (2) inputs - a HIGH and a LOW. Which I think refers to their impedance, not their geograpical position on the amp.
Please - NO DUAL CHANNEL REVERB HEADS, there should be no footswitch or even a need for one or you may find yourself looking down the barrel of a threatened species of bear.
With black and white fur.
Eating Bamboo.

Moving on...

I truly could not agree more. JCM 800. 2203. 6 knobs. That's it!
Rebel Yell
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

Wait, does that have hi hats in the cymbals section?
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

"...there should be no footswitch or even a need for one..."

:coolstorybro:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Wouldn't it be nice if the names of the knobs on a JCM 800 were actually War, Pestilence, Famine and Death? It would seem appropriate. :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:58 pm Wouldn't it be nice if the names of the knobs on a JCM 800 were actually War, Pestilence, Famine and Death? It would seem appropriate. :biggrin:
They should just label each knob "awesome" because no matter where you put the knobs, the amp sounds awesome.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

lol .... funny stuff!
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:04 pm
Bubba wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:58 pm Wouldn't it be nice if the names of the knobs on a JCM 800 were actually War, Pestilence, Famine and Death? It would seem appropriate. :biggrin:
They should just label each knob "awesome" because no matter where you put the knobs, the amp sounds awesome.
I've been looking at them. They're horrendously expensive.
Haggard Musician :mad: