Long lost gigging days

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Minerman

Long lost gigging days

Post by Minerman »

I finally got around to scanning some old pictures & newspaper clippings from my gigging days...Most of these are around 20 years old, but was a great time in my life...I always had fun playing live, & I do miss it in ways, but in some ways, not so much...I can still smell the pot most of us smoked on a daily basis back then... :lol:

"Wild Oats" @ Amvets Club, Jonesville, VA sometime in late 1991 (I'm on the far right playing an Ibanez S540 through a Rockman Sustainor ran through a Peavey power amp & 4x12):

"Hellbilly" @ St. Charles, VA Ballpark, July 4th 1997 (I'm on the far left playing an Epiphone strat copy through a Crate 2x12 combo):

Same day, better pic:

"Hellbilly" @ Lee County Fairgrounds, Pennington Gap, VA July 1997 (I'm on the far left, same guitar/amp):

Same gig:

Here's the publicity we got in the local paper that year :lol: :

Sitting in with a different band, "Southern Spirit", sometime late 1997 @ Pennington Gap VFW (I'm on the far right with the Kramer Nightswan & a Carvin half-stack):

"Band X" @ Cumberland Bowl Park, Jonesville, VA spring 1998...I'd just joined this band, we decided to load everything up & go make some noise...I'm on the far left with my Kramer & Marshall Valvestate half-stack:

Same day:

Same day:

"Band X" @ "Kermit's", Weber City, VA August 1998 (Again on the far left with my Kramer):

"Band X" @ Cumberland Bowl Park, July 3, 1999 (As usual, on the far left, but playing the Fender Tele Plus II through my Valvestate stack):

Here's a scan of the cassette sleeve where we went to a small, local studio in the fall of 1998 (I honestly didn't know shit about recording back then, & really, really wish I'd known then what I know now, but....):

And, here's a pic of the band outside our practice pad (Obviously that's me on the left with the goatee, long hair, & the Steelers hat):

"Band X" @ Lee County Tobacco Festival, November 1999 (again with my Kramer):

Things sure have changed a lot since these pics were taken...I was skinny as a rail compared to now, & my hair/beard were actually brown instead of grey... :mrgreen:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rammer24

Re: Long lost gigging days

Post by rammer24 »

Those are awesome pics, Miner. So cool.

I threw out a photo album with hundreds of live pics. When I was having health problems a few years ago, and I was waiting to die, I threw them out. I just couldn't bare to have those around after I die.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lol. Mullets, jean shorts, and confederate flags. That's some straight hillbilly rock and roll. :D
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

rammer24 wrote:Those are awesome pics, Miner. So cool.

I threw out a photo album with hundreds of live pics. When I was having health problems a few years ago, and I was waiting to die, I threw them out. I just couldn't bare to have those around after I die.
Rami, I've gotta tell you something man, you're a big inspiration for me because of the similar health problems we both had...While mine was serious enough, it doesn't even compare to what you went through with your open-heart surgery dude...I really look up to you a lot man, because you stood your ground, & got yourself back into shape, probably even more so than before you got sick...My hat's off to you sir...
Greg_L wrote:Lol. Mullets, jean shorts, and confederate flags. That's some straight hillbilly rock and roll. :D
Yeah dude, if you look close in some of those pics, you can see my Mountain Dew within arm's reach too.... :mrgreen:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Minerman wrote: Rami, I've gotta tell you something man, you're a big inspiration for me because of the similar health problems we both had...While mine was serious enough, it doesn't even compare to what you went through with your open-heart surgery dude...I really look up to you a lot man, because you stood your ground, & got yourself back into shape, probably even more so than before you got sick...My hat's off to you sir...

Hey man, you don't know how much that means to me. I was in pretty good shape before my surgery, but not in good health, big difference. You're right though. I'm now in better health AND shape than I ever was. I'm thinking of doing a marathon or Iron Man or something along those lines. Just to see how far I can push myself.

You're hanging in there too, dude. Don't sell yourself short.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

rammer24 wrote:Hey man, you don't know how much that means to me. I was in pretty good shape before my surgery, but not in good health, big difference. You're right though. I'm now in better health AND shape than I ever was. I'm thinking of doing a marathon or Iron Man or something along those lines. Just to see how far I can push myself.

You're hanging in there too, dude. Don't sell yourself short.
Just being honest Rami, you are an inspiration to me...Something else I've been meaning to say is when HR banned you, I was just as pissed off as I was when they did Greg the same way...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Minerman wrote:
rammer24 wrote:Something else I've been meaning to say is when HR banned you, I was just as pissed off as I was when they did Greg the same way...
Thanx man. No big deal. That place was turning shit anyway.
Last edited by rammer24 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Great pics, Minerman. you ought never to have thrown your stuff away. It's a legacy - YOUR legacy.
Haggard Musician :mad: