Holiday in Cambodia clip from 20th Jan 2017

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Bubba

Holiday in Cambodia clip from 20th Jan 2017

Post by Bubba »

Just a quick clip from last night's gig - a bit dark, but conveys some of the flavour of our live shows. Our singer Kelvin took this on his phone whilst onstage. :minernuggs:
cambodia.mp4
[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/Ww6V58ircxI[/BBvideo]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Greg_L

Re: Holiday in Cambodia clip from 20th Jan 2017

Post by Greg_L »

Ha very cool. It's very funny to me to see people happy dancing to Holiday in Cambodia. Great band, great song...do they know what they were dancing to? :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

The crowd looks like were enjoying themselves and they know the tune from the fist pumps going on. Nothing better than a crowd like this that's getting up and dancing and partying to your music.
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

We need a pol pot smiley.
:happytrees:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:54 am Ha very cool. It's very funny to me to see people happy dancing to Holiday in Cambodia. Great band, great song...do they know what they were dancing to? :lollers2:
Ha ha :biggrin: Yes, they totally knew! They were singing the lyrics back to us. They were chanting Pol..... Pot.... long before the lyric came in. :lollers:
It was a terrific night.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Awesome man. Looks like a blast. The only part I miss about playing live is....the actual playing live.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Thanks, Rami - yes, it was ace. Shame the vid is from behind the PA, apparently the sound out front was really good. :biggrin:

Playing live is pretty much at the root of anything I do - I'd really miss it if I had to give it up for any reason.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

nice!
For me also, live is the entire point so I'm really enjoying seeing this.

I'm loving the tour forum ..... this is exactly what I wanted to see ..... gigs!

Very cool bubba ... a fun crowd for ya'll to play/party with.
You could kinda tell the sound was decent even though you couldn't hear as well as you'd wish.

What kind of amp do you use for that?
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:33 pm nice!
For me also, live is the entire point so I'm really enjoying seeing this.

I'm loving the tour forum ..... this is exactly what I wanted to see ..... gigs!

Very cool bubba ... a fun crowd for ya'll to play/party with.
You could kinda tell the sound was decent even though you couldn't hear as well as you'd wish.

What kind of amp do you use for that?
Thanks, Boob. :biggrin: It was a rather decent house PA we went through, with an engineer that lets the band do their thing without hassling them. I use my Marshall JVM with a 1960A cab for all gigs now, although at the one before this I had to revert to the Marshall TSL because my JVM footswitch threw a wobbly and wouldn't light up! Got it home and tested it and it worked fine. I'll refer that one to Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Mysteries. :suspicious:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

a very good friend used to say, "It's another electronic mystery!"
rayc

Post by rayc »

Cool one.
It's sometimes confusing to my brain to look at a crowd like that so into a song like that. THEN I remember I'm that age & from that musical generation. None of them are looking in the mirror or at their BP monitors because they are living/reliving that time of their lives. I have trouble realizing I'm just a few of months shy of 60. That's a good thing for the most part. From a sociopolitical standpoint someone has to keep the fire burning.
Cheers
rayc