I know I haven't posted in a while, but...

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Bill L

I know I haven't posted in a while, but...

Post by Bill L »

Hey all. I haven't been able to post much but I do still check in and read up on what's going on. Just wanted to drop off a video from one of our gigs back in November. The recording was done as a multi track from the Behringer X32 board (and quickly mixed by me). This is an original song that the bass player/band leader wrote. I'm playing rhythm guitar on this one (with the '77 Les). We have another big gig coming this weekend so I'm hoping to have some audio and video.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojCXH7x ... ture=share[/BBvideo]

Hope y'all have a great holiday season!

Bill L
Lt. Bob

Re: I know I haven't posted in a while, but...

Post by Lt. Bob »

we were just talking about talkboxes in a recent thread ............. that's awesome!

Makes me want to break mine out!
Love seeing you play ....... very cool!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Awesome vid Bill. thanks for the share. Ya'll are tight. happy holidays to you too man.
:happytrees:
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Thanks guys. We've been rehearsing for a while, lots of tough songs with lots of harmonies. The guy playing the talkbox put a lot of time into articulating the words of the song. Not an easy task and he's a long time pro with classical training. Looking forward to some nice gigs with these guys. We even have a guitar tech :WTF: (that's who I'm handing my guitar to at the end of the video). Because I play slide (in open G) and use 2 other guitars for various songs, it keeps the show moving along. I certainly don't deserve to have a tech but I do feel like Royalty at the gigs now. :lollers2: :jam: :punk:

Bill L
rayc

Post by rayc »

Cool - the main vox are a bit loud but you'd know that. The talk box stuff certainly warms up as the song progresses.
I rather like the rhythm playing.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That's really good, Bill. Great that you've actually got a proper recording to play with and not just crappy camera audio.

Looks like a good size gig too.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Nice! Live recordings are hard, but this is sounding pretty solid.

You got the panning backwards tho. Might want to check that next time! :D
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

rayc wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 am Cool - the main vox are a bit loud but you'd know that. The talk box stuff certainly warms up as the song progresses.
I rather like the rhythm playing.
This was a quick mix but we do like to have the vocals over the top. Out of the 6 members in the band, 5 of us sing. Thanks on the rhythm playing. I kind of pride myself on being able to play rhythm and lead with equal intrest in making my part fit the song. Not everyone (especially around here but depending on the level) does that.
JD01 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 am
That's really good, Bill. Great that you've actually got a proper recording to play with and not just crappy camera audio.

Looks like a good size gig too.
Yeah, it was a decent sized venue. We actually sold as many on line tickets as Danny Seraphine's band (he's the original drummer for Chicago and he played there the night before). Almost a sold out show (I think it seats around 125).
vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm Nice! Live recordings are hard, but this is sounding pretty solid.

You got the panning backwards tho. Might want to check that next time! :D
:lollers2:

Yeah, I should really flip the stereo image to match up with the video. Since I'm the guy that records and mixes, I usually put my guitar on the left side (it's easier to hear it when driving in my car). And I almost always have the drums backwards as well.

Here's another vid from the same doing doing The Letter (mistakenly attributed to Joe Cocker. The video guy needs occasional assistance).

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIeUUaLEHfo&t=43s[/BBvideo]

Thanks again everyone. I shall try to participate more in the coming weeks/months.

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas

:illdrinktothat: :illdrinktothat: :illdrinktothat: :illdrinktothat: :illdrinktothat: :illdrinktothat:
einstein magoo

Post by einstein magoo »

Really nice Bill L Everybody's havin fun. What a blast!!
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Nice work Bill.

I found somewhere an old collection of 60s tunes when I was in my 20s sometime - and it contained the original of The Letter, which I immediately preferred to the Cocker version - band I was in (3 piece) used to play it in the original style way back when. Pretty hard to do the Cocker version justice in a power trio with a dodgy singer (me)... safer all round. :lollers: