Rate our set?

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
liv_rong

Rate our set?

Post by liv_rong »

Well, this is our set but it's just from practice. No vocals here as I dont have a PA at my house. But anyways, here we are. We got a new guitar player and he is pretty awesome. Quick crap mix, but you'll get the idea. My favorites are New Pop, Light Glider and 575 so I guess if you dont listen to it all give those a shake. About 23 minutes total.

Recorded on 7 tracks, kick, snare, two overheads, line out on bass amp, each cab miced.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3vpx3l00cfmr ... DVODa?dl=0
liv_rong

Re: Rate our set?

Post by liv_rong »

Origanal songs here to listen to.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I'm listening to new pop - its very left. But I don't suppose that matters much for this. Pumping a bit too
So this is all recorded live with no overdubs?
Such a pity there's no vocals on this.

On the song/performance - you guys appear really pretty tight already and the song is good. If you were playing in a club near me I'd pay to come and see you. I'll listen to more of them throughout the day.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Sepeku is good. Is it supposed to be Seppuku? Ouch - there's an ugly bass note jumping out on this track in one of the descending sections.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Well, I gave it a listen, and I'm not getting it. There's no direction to those songs. Maybe it's just over my head? Maybe vocals will tie it all together? Maybe? It seems to me like yall said "okay everyone solo!" and then off you went. It's like a jazz rock free for all. The bass is busy, the left guitar is busy, the right guitar is doing shit that is almost atonal noodling that has nothing to do with the rest of it. It's a hodge-podge of sounds. Maybe this is too sophisticated for me. :confused:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:37 pm Well, this is our set but it's just from practice. No vocals here as I dont have a PA at my house. But anyways, here we are. We got a new guitar player and he is pretty awesome. Quick crap mix, but you'll get the idea. My favorites are New Pop, Light Glider and 575 so I guess if you dont listen to it all give those a shake. About 23 minutes total.

Recorded on 7 tracks, kick, snare, two overheads, line out on bass amp, each cab miced.

I'll do this today. I really like your shit it sounds a little like some stuff i listen to anyways. I'll get back to you by the end of the day as i usually get taken away from my desk all the time.
:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Thanks for the listen guys. It is really just basic song structure in all of it. The bass plays more as does the lead guitar player. Everything is all composed parts, short of a few sprinkled solos here or there on the lead guitar. With vocals it makes more sense I guess, to me it’s just basic pop structure just with a lot more notes. The rhythm guitar player and myself are playing more basic stuff throughout.

There are vocals for everything. Once we record for real I’ll post again.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I'm not entirely sure what kind of feedback you're looking for?

Are the songs good? Maybe. It's hard to tell without vocals, but it kinda sounds like The Pillows. It's true that some of those guitar lines are a bit busy.
Are you a tight band? Again, it's kind of hard to tell without vocals, but it sounds like you're pretty-well together. Of course, there's always a big difference between doing multiple takes in your own practice space where you're comfortable than live.
Would this be a good show? That's basically impossible to gauge. Since it's separate files, we have no sense of how they flow into each other. How much time is there between songs? How are you filling that time? What does the band look like while playing? Heck, what kind of show and venue are you playing? You need to match this show to a bill for it to make sense.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:37 pm Well, this is our set but it's just from practice. No vocals here as I dont have a PA at my house. But anyways, here we are. We got a new guitar player and he is pretty awesome. Quick crap mix, but you'll get the idea. My favorites are New Pop, Light Glider and 575 so I guess if you dont listen to it all give those a shake. About 23 minutes total.

I downloaded all of these and gave em the spins all afternoon. I kept a running list of what ones jumped out at me and struck me as unique, interesting and stand outs. I rated them on my own flavors i like.

1- light glider
2- sepeku
3-delores (that right guitar bit around the 1:48-1:50 marker takes away from the jam. it doesn't feel like the rest of the song and stood out like a sore thumb it may have been there another time or two but it popped out at me there for whatever reason.)
4-hot vodka
5-casual correlation
6-new pop
7-575

Cool stuff liv. Looking forward to the final package.
:happytrees: