For the vintage TASCAM aficionados...

General recording topics.
rammer24

Re: For the vintage TASCAM aficionados...

Post by rammer24 »

There was a time I lamost went that route. I've had TASCAM 8 trakcs, 4 tracks, FOSTEX 8 tracks and 4 tracks, etc....At one point, I was close to getting a TASCAM 16 track reel to reel, but I can't remember the model number. Might have been this one.

They're still so cool looking.
The_Bachelor

Post by The_Bachelor »

......must use......all.....my.....remaining......strength ......to.......resist........ :)

These are the kind of things that get me going..... I'll never be that good at recording to need anymore than what I got, but I just love being around the stuff..... same with vintage guitars......
Brad Bachelor
"Marrying an old bachelor is like buying second-hand furniture." - Helen Rowland
witzendoz

Post by witzendoz »

Clicking Bell, why does US ebay have the stupid reserve price system, just list you lowest price as the starting price. I always forget until I look on US Ebay, We don't have it in Oz thank goodness.

Alan.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

I hate the reserve price.
I think I used it like once when I first sold something on eBay years ago...then I said, screw that, and I just list everything as BIN and Make Offer.

When sellers use that reserve price...it just messes up the whole auction 'cuz no one has any idea what the guy wants...and then you get 20 people bidding..and you're waiting for days...
...and then the stupid auction ends and no one met the reserve.

So then the idiot re-lists it again...with a reserve price. :facepalm: :P

I'll usually send them a mess age and just ask them what they want...what would be their best BIN price.
Many will toss one out...but then you have the ones who want to wait for the end...and then they start it all over again. :D
Roman

Post by Roman »

I won't bid on stuff with a reserve. I mean who wants a hidden price?

I can see on some high priced items such as cars, where a reserve protects the seller from being forced to take a below value price, but....

I think the main reason people put a reserve on something is to pay less in listing fees.

But then again, I've never used a reserve so how the hell do I know the motivations?
:D