Boston

General recording topics.
Roman

Re: Boston

Post by Roman »

Uh, that's kind of wrong. Glad I live far away.
:D
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I actually just had an enema the other day. But it's ok. They caught the guy.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

But anyway, yeah....So after the overwhelming success of their first album, they got bogged down in lawsuits and their second album didn't come out until some time in the 80's. I think that's the one that has "Amanda" or "Samantha", right? Didn't like that. Loved the first album, though.
Farview

Post by Farview »

The one with Amanda was their third album. Don't Look Back was the second album that came out shortly after the first.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Ah, there you go. I remember bits and pieces about them, but I got most of it close but wrong.
Farview

Post by Farview »

The 1st and 2nd album sound nearly the same, so it is hard to tell them apart. 1st was 76, 2nd was 78.

I used to play a bunch of those tunes. I did get really tired of them.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Yeah...the Boston sound definitely caught your ear when the first album came out...but after the second album, they were already kinda boring to people.
I think Sholtz went out of his way to keep the sound the same.

That's not an unusual story. I think most bands go through that same shit...one big album, then they try and ride that wave for as long as the record company can make them (or they want to also)...and at some point some other band comes up with something new/different, and suddenly your cool stuff is now boring.

Of course...some bands/artists managed to stick to their sound, and it worked for them over and over and over...so it is possible, but you have to find the sound that transcends the music phases as they come along....or maybe your sound fades away, only to be resurrected again several years later when it's cool again.

You know...if anyone can churn out 1-2 highly successful albums, and then kinda fade back...it's not a bad deal! :P
Fuck...some artists/bands had one ONE song that they rode for years and years, and nothing else memorable ever.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

rammer24 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:48 pm Unless I'm backed up. Which is why I keep my friends close and my enemas closer.
:drums:
Haggard Musician :mad:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Rami, is that an original? It matters not because it's excellent!
Cheers
rayc
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

rayc wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 am Rami, is that an original? It matters not because it's excellent!
Isn't what an original? Not sure what you're talking about, Ray.
rayc

Post by rayc »

rammer24 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:17 am
rayc wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 am Rami, is that an original? It matters not because it's excellent!
Isn't what an original? Not sure what you're talking about, Ray.
keep my friends close and my enemas closer.
Cheers
rayc
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Oh, haha! Yeah, just a play on words. I might not be the first one to say it, but I didn't copy it off anyone. I THINK I made it up, as far as I know. :)