Foo Fighters Greatest Hits vinyl LP from analog source?

General recording topics.
sweetbeats

Foo Fighters Greatest Hits vinyl LP from analog source?

Post by sweetbeats »

Does anybody know if, or have any advice on ascertaining if the Foo Fighters' Greatest Hits double vinyl album set is cut from analog source material? I'm betting not. It looks like a number of the tracks were recorded at Grandmaster Recorders in Hollywood CA, and I suspect through the Neve 8028 desk to the Studer 2" 24-track, but from there who knows. I don't want to waste my money on vinyl album set if it is just a vinyl copy of a digital master. I'm not trying to be snobbish...I've been enjoying playing to Foo Fighters songs lately and saw the double LP in the store...almost bought it and then thought "wait....wait-wait-wait..."
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Foo Fighters Greatest Hits vinyl LP from analog source?

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I just took a quik snoop through what the discogs site had to say about it and didnt go too in depth into the technicalities. But it has quite a wealth of basic production notes whos where amd whens but nothing glaring me in the as to the hows. Sorry man. Maybe youll see something i dont.

[url]Title: Foo Fighters - Greatest HitsUrl:
https://www.discogs.com/Foo-Fighters-Gr ... se/2067455
Shared from the Discogs app[/url]
:happytrees:
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Well..if it's their hits collection...I doubt it's all from analog only sources.
I know that recent album (maybe it was their last album) they made a point about getting back into that "analog mode"...which to me suggest they weren't doing that on precious stuff...but even there, I bet there's some analog sources, but probably more like some hybrid setups...because it's too demanding to do it all analog without the computer to edit and polish....etc.
sweetbeats

Post by sweetbeats »

Thanks for the info, guys. I appreciate it.