reverb on snare

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
liv_rong

reverb on snare

Post by liv_rong »

Was thinking a plate may work well. Thoughts? What do you use? Do you use verb at all?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: reverb on snare

Post by WhiskeyJack »

i'm just branching out into reverb territory this last year or two and still just playing with it. I work in reaper and add the reverb to a send track. I will vary the input level of each part of the kit sent to that send so that the same reverb is used on the entire kit but i control how much of what is getting treated.

I typically use a room impulse and have been ok with the results. But i can't see a plate being any better or worse?

I will take this to to admit that i may not be the most qualified person to ask though and might like where this thread goes in terms of educating myself plate reverb.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I do not ever reverb the snare by itself.
Rebel Yell
Roman

Post by Roman »

Plate reverb on snare is a favorite of mine. But very sparingly. Enough natural verb is coming from my overheads.
Farview

Post by Farview »

Since I'm from the 80s, I use a hall. I adjust the decay time to a length that has some musical relationship to the tempo. I set the predelay to get out of the way of the transient.

I use the same verb on the snare as the toms.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I usually pick a room verb that I like and send all the various elements of the kit to it, usually with different ratios depending whether it's the kick, snare or whatever. I'm sparing on the overheads but put a lot more on the snare. Sometimes I verb the kick, but only when I want a strident, aggressive drum sound.
Haggard Musician :mad: