Name this tune - drums only!

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
Bubba

Name this tune - drums only!

Post by Bubba »

Frank left me this to play with a few months ago but I've done nothing with it except play about mixing the drums.

What do you think to the sound?
drum pattern.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Greg_L

Re: Name this tune - drums only!

Post by Greg_L »

Lol. You're so pretty when you're unfaithful to me.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I think it sounds pretty good. There's a midrange bouncing basketball boxiness in the kick that could be scooped out.
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Greg_L wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:44 am I think it sounds pretty good. There's a midrange bouncing basketball boxiness in the kick that could be scooped out.
Yep, I've had a go at that already, I think I need another hit of ReaEq to tame it. Part of the problem is I got my mic placement a bit wrong. There's a position in the soundhole where everything sounds spot on. It's normally not moved from that spot. After the take when it was too late to go again, I realised the mic had got pushed too far in. It's not easy, is it? :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:53 am

Yep, I've had a go at that already, I think I need another hit of ReaEq to tame it. Part of the problem is I got my mic placement a bit wrong. There's a position in the soundhole where everything sounds spot on. It's normally not moved from that spot. After the take when it was too late to go again, I realised the mic had got pushed too far in. It's not easy, is it? :biggrin:
Shit happens. I think just some EQ massaging can cure it. Our love is rice and beans and horse's lard.
Rebel Yell