Hardware bags

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
liv_rong

Hardware bags

Post by liv_rong »

Gregories, how do you transport your hardware? I have a big cheap bag I have been using but its already tearing apart. I was looking at this. THing its good enough? I truly hate buying boring utilitarian shit like this. There seems to be no middle ground, its either not enough or way too much durability/convenience. The rolling bags seem nice but the cheaper ones do not seem strong enough long term and the hard cases are way too big to be dicking around with, Id rather a bag I can fold/roll up and not take up room wherever Im playing at. And I dont mid hauling a bag over my shoulder, gives me two more hands to carry the rest of the stuff in, less trips.
Greg_L

Re: Hardware bags

Post by Greg_L »

I use a big ol rolling hardware bag. This one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Road-Runner ... 7982985.gc

I put everything in it. Stands, throne, all hardware, stick bag, everything. It's big, it's tough, it's heavy as shit, but it rolls.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Does it hold its shape when its upright? That is one of the things that has me concerned about these, that they just flop/roll over.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:30 pm Does it hold its shape when its upright? That is one of the things that has me concerned about these, that they just flop/roll over.
It's not meant to be stood up, but it will hold it's shape. It's got lots of straps and handles for carrying/rolling. Lots of pouches and pockets. Internal straps to secure everything if need be. Good wheels.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Cool thanks. And I didn't really mean stood up, I was more referring to just being rolled around and the hardware shifting over the sides of the hard bottom.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:55 pm Cool thanks. And I didn't really mean stood up, I was more referring to just being rolled around and the hardware shifting over the sides of the hard bottom.
Mine's been fine. I have my hardware packing down to a science so my stuff doesn't shift around. And it has internal straps anyway.

I know some dudes that use golf club flight cases. They're perfect for drum hardware, but they're big.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Yeah, I was going to say look into some hockey duffle bags. The make them with wheels. But it's pretty much what Greg uses.