Yamaha DTX532K Video

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
Minerman

Yamaha DTX532K Video

Post by Minerman »

I finally got around to making a video showing you guys my new e-kit...

This is just a quick-n-dirty video, showing mainly the multi-zone pads & cymbals...There are a lot of features I haven''t even tried out yet, so as I make progress, I'll make another video or two along the way...I'm barely scratching the surface of what this kit is capable of, so again, hopefully I'll learn to use more of the features as I learn more about it...

What you hear/see me play in this, is what I've actually played...The only editing I did to the midi was to delete a few double-triggered hits (sometimes when I hit a crash cymbal, it records 2 notes), but I'm getting the kit dialed in, & eventually I won't have to edit at all, it'll be like recording a real kit...

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QMmU5UbT8g&t=42s[/BBvideo]

Let me know what you guys think, & not just about the kit, lemme know if there's anything could do with the video that'd make it better (IE: Titles stay on the screen too long, fade in/outs too short/too long, etc)...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Re: Yamaha DTX532K Video

Post by Greg_L »

Nice vid miner! Nice legs too! :robus:

I think you did a good job on the video. Nice quality, good sound. I think you could have condensed all of that down to a few less minutes though. It didn't bother me as I know you and I'm interested.....but a random dude might get a little bored with the tempo of everything. You didn't have to spend as long on each piece, and you didn't have to play the whole song...but props to you for playing through a whole song. Nice site plug at the end too.

:drums:
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Nice vid! That kit sounds pretty good too. I was surprised it could do cymbal chokes and its cool it has different zones on the cymbals. The hats seem cool as well. I was going to mention you should think a little about your kit orientation though, mainly trying to get that snare more in the middle of your legs and center of your body and maybe even getting the hats closer to you a little. You look a little stretched and twisted the way you're sitting. If you're comfortable though then it doesnt matter. Have fun!
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 am Nice vid miner! Nice legs too! :robus:

I think you did a good job on the video. Nice quality, good sound. I think you could have condensed all of that down to a few less minutes though. It didn't bother me as I know you and I'm interested.....but a random dude might get a little bored with the tempo of everything. You didn't have to spend as long on each piece, and you didn't have to play the whole song...but props to you for playing through a whole song. Nice site plug at the end too.

:drums:
Thanks dude, I'm still new at the video thing & drumming, but I'm making progress...I originally used 2 cameras (well, a camera & a cell phone) to have different angles/views but got frustrated with it, so I just re-did the whole thing with a Sony Handycam...I'm impressed with that camera, it shoots great quality, but the battery doesn't last long, so I have to drag a cable around with it...

Thanks for letting me know I spent too much time on each kit piece, it'll be easy to edit this video (and future vids too) because after I got the video & audio in sync, I rendered 'em to mp4...All I'd have to do is shorten each item in the timeline of the video editor...

The reason I did a whole song at the end, I just wanted to show you guys I'm making progress...It's the same song I did in my other drum vid, but playing this kit is very different, so I've basically had to re-learn everything all over...

Thanks again dude!!!
liv_rong wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:08 am Nice vid! That kit sounds pretty good too. I was surprised it could do cymbal chokes and its cool it has different zones on the cymbals. The hats seem cool as well. I was going to mention you should think a little about your kit orientation though, mainly trying to get that snare more in the middle of your legs and center of your body and maybe even getting the hats closer to you a little. You look a little stretched and twisted the way you're sitting. If you're comfortable though then it doesnt matter. Have fun!
Thanks man, the sounds in the video are Superior Drummer blended with Steven Slate Drums 4...This is a franken-kit I've been using in the daw for quite a while now...

The multi-zone pads & cymbals this kit has are killer IMO, I've got 4 of the multi-zone cymbal pads (counting the hi-hat), & all of them have the choke capability, but right now I only have a couple of 'em set up to do that...I used splitters to add pads/cymbals, & my new module is pretty much maxed out, so in order to get another crash choke, I'd have to give up a stereo input (I'm using 2 mono pads for 'em)...I do have 2 more drum modules, but using the DTX502 simplifies things in the daw for me, so I'm not sure if it'd be worth it or not just to add one cymbal choke...

The hi-hats that came with the kit are great, to me, it's like playing a real hi-hat...I still have the FSR modded controller from the other kit too, that would allow me to trigger even more articulations, I just haven't gotten around to setting it up with the new kit...Honestly, I'm not sure I even need that, but it's there if I wanna tinker with it...

Glad you brought up how I have the kit set up...I've been meaning to ask you guys how you orient your kits for reference...I know I'd have to move things around to suit me, but it'd give me a starting point to work from...You're right dude, right now I'm having to twist around when I play things on the right side of the kit, so I do need to work on that...

Thanks again dude!!!

Any tips/suggestions from you drummer guys are welcome & appreciated, thanks again!!!
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs: