Paiste Hi-hats....

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
rammer24

Re: Paiste Hi-hats....

Post by rammer24 »

HAHA! Me too. I just looked at the order. I'm an idiot. I ordered 14's by mistake. No problem, I wasn't sure which ones I wanted originally anyway. So, we can't be brothers, but we're cousins!!!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:03 pm HAHA! Me too. I just looked at the order. I'm an idiot. I ordered 14's by mistake. No problem, I wasn't sure which ones I wanted originally anyway. So, we can't be brothers, but we're cousins!!!
Well there won't be nothing wrong with those 14s either. They'll be even crisper than the 15s, which is what you wanted anyway. Happy accident! :coolstorybro: :happytrees: :happytrees:
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Exactly, I would have been happy either way. Except that the 14"s were more expensive and cost $40 more in shipping. I'm happy man. I don't care. :)
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

For what it's worth, here they are. I re-tracked the drums to the tune I was posting in the Tone Thread. It's a ctually the perfect tune to feature some hi-hats. Not that I expected it to be a life altering difference, but they do cut through much nicer than my other hats.
2002 Paiste Oddyssey.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Wow, very different and much better to me. Those hats are great! Very dynamic.

I think it helps that you can actually use them well too.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Thanx man. It actually just happens to be the right tune. That's the only reason I re-tracked the drums. I remember doing the drum track, then ordering the hats the next day, and then thinking that I should have waited before putting drums on that tune because of the hi hat work in it.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Yes, new gear! I'll give that a listen on my monitors after work tomorrow! Them are shiny looking!
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Speaking of hi-hats....

I was listening to the radio in the car yesterday and the O'Jay's "I love Music" came on. I was struck by how absolutely fantastic the performance and sound of that hi-hat track is. Have a listen; and I don't mean on no damn phone or laptop! :D

Sorry for talking a bit Samuel L Jackson, there, but one of the O' Jay's looks just like Jules Winnfield.. :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad: