Paiste Hi-hats....

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
rammer24

Paiste Hi-hats....

Post by rammer24 »

Hey Greg or Liv....or anyone else that knows more about this shit than me.....

Is this a good deal? I'm not familiar with Paiste's "Signature" Series. I want some very bright hats. I'm not crazy about the fact these are 13", but if they sound good I can live with it.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/msg/5995963624.html
rammer24

Re: Paiste Hi-hats....

Post by rammer24 »

Fuck, I just realized it's Vermont. Why it's in Montreal's Craiglist, I have no idea. Anyway, would still be good to know if these are good for the price.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Yeah those are like a $400 set of hats. If they're not cracked or keyholed, 200 seems good to me.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Cool. I saw a pair on E-Bay for $240. I need new hats. I want bright, thin sounding hats. My hats are good for rock, but they're a little dark sometimes, depending on the tune. They don't cut through as well as I'd like.

I also saw some Zildian K's on E-bay....I'm more of a Sabian guy, but I don't care what company as long as they sound good. I'm going to look for some Sabians too.

I have the spending bug. Haven't felt this way since I got my second SG. :D
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:59 pm Cool. I saw a pair on E-Bay for $240. I need new hats. I want bright, thin sounding hats. My hats are good for rock, but they're a little dark sometimes, depending on the tune. They don't cut through as well as I'd like.

I also saw some Zildian K's on E-bay....I'm more of a Sabian guy, but I don't care what company as long as they sound good. I'm going to look for some Sabians too.

I have the spending bug. Haven't felt this way since I got my second SG. :D
I use 15" Paiste Sound Edge 2002 hats. They're savage monsters. So loud. :drums: :lollers2:

Look at Paiste RUDE hats. They are very tight and crisp...and loud.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Rah that's a good price. I use 15" K lights and I lcan be them. Crisp and tight closed, sound good semi open and get nice and sloshy if the clamp isn't tight. They don't seem dark to me and I play in a kind of rock band and they cut through nicely.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Yeah, I remember RUDE's being loud. I thought they were pretty dark sounding cymbals, but it's been so long that I might be mixing them up with something else. I want a real thin "chick chick" sound for some tunes. I have my eyes on a pair of K's. I just bought some guitar strings, and while I was there, I hit some K's and they sounded great. But there's no way I'm buying them brand new from a store, they're like $549. I saw a pair on E-Bay for half of that. I'll look out for some rude's, too.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Oops....^^^^That was in response to Greg.

Thanx Liv. I'm leaning towards the K's, too.

These look nice: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zildjian-K-Hi-H ... SwHMJYGsyf
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I have the opposite impressions. RUDEs to me are very bright and aggressive. They're made to cut through a wall of rock/metal guitars. Ks are usually smooth and darker.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Yea, you might be right. I really don't remember. Maybe I think RUDE's are dark because they're so thick. I'll have to go to the store and try a few pairs to make sure.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 pm Yea, you might be right. I really don't remember. Maybe I think RUDE's are dark because they're so thick. I'll have to go to the store and try a few pairs to make sure.
They are thick, and the larger crashes are sort of slow to react, but goddamn they aint dark. They are very aggressive.

I have a 20" RUDE Crash/Ride. All my other cymbals are 2002s. The RUDE is significantly more violent than my other crashes, and 2002s are no slouch. I don't own RUDE hats, but I've heard lots of them and they sound very bright and crisp to me.

But that's just me. Try some out if you can find some. You might hate them.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I'll try them. They might be versatile enough to make them my only pair. I do find them fugly, but I don't care. I prefer shiny, gold cymbals. :D
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 pm I'll try them. They might be versatile enough to make them my only pair. I do find them fugly, but I don't care. I prefer shiny, gold cymbals. :D
They are ugly. The name RUDE perfectly describes their look and sound.

I had a deal on a 24" RUDE Mega Power Ride a while back. This thing was like a manhole cover. Huge bell, very heavy body. Just a monster ride cymbal. The ping on that bell was unreal. Half price, brand new. I so badly wish I'd bought it because I never see them anymore.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Cymbals are so fucking expensive....I have to replace the one I just cracked and it really sucks. I got my crashes, ride and hats as a set used but not much off of what the pack retails for.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

They're ridiculously expensive. It's criminal.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Man, there are so many choices.

What's the story with Paiste "Sound Edge"? They look interesting: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paiste-1063114- ... OSwniRWNq3~

I also found a pair of 2002's, which I know sound great: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paiste-2002-Sou ... Swax5Y0u7f

Decisions decisions.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Oh, I just realized they're both 2002's. One is 14", the other is 15". I don't think I want 15" hats. Even though it will come out to about $100 cheaper, considering the shipping prices, etc.....But I don't want to make a decision based on bucks. I want good sounding hats.
Last edited by rammer24 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I'm going to pull the trigger on the 15"s.....unless someone stops me.....It's now 6:10pm. You have until 8pm to stop me. :D

I thought about it. If I'm going to get a new pair of hats, might as well get a pair that's as different from mine as possible. I have 14's, might as well get 15's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paiste-2002-Sou ... Swax5Y0u7f
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:38 pm I'm going to pull the trigger on the 15"s.....unless someone stops me.....It's now 6:10pm. You have until 8pm to stop me. :D

I thought about it. If I'm going to get a new pair of hats, might as well get a pair that's as different from mine as possible. I have 14's, might as well get 15's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paiste-2002-Sou ... Swax5Y0u7f
Those are the one's I have. We'll be hi-hat buddies! :robus:
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Oh man, that's awesome!!!!! OK, I'm going for it right now. That's a great price!!!!! Thanx man.

I now have a raging hat-on!!!! I'm going to go paradiddle and then wash my hands and place the order. :D :D :D