monthly drum challenge?

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
liv_rong

Re: monthly drum challenge?

Post by liv_rong »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Good drumming. Yeah you got behind a little on some of the 2nd verse changes. That crazy tom breakdown is cool before the solo.

I think your overheads sounds and toms are pretty good. The kick and snare is what you need to work on.

I'll give the drum mix a shot. See what I can do. Whose song is this anyway?
Thanks! It's no ones song, one that cyrok found somewhere while searching for "drumless tracks" or something. Youll notice the seperation between the overheads suck and that the high tom and left overhead has a weaker signal. I gotta address all of this. Ill PM link now.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Since nobody has put a song up for this month, I'll throw something up in the next day or so, unless someone else has something...

Greg & Rami, dudes, I'd love it if you guys would jump in on this...Liv is great, but having 3 teachers instead of 1 would be awesome... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I might be in on the next one. I'll have my drums finally set up again at home. No more gigs for a little while.
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:05 am I might be in on the next one. I'll have my drums finally set up again at home. No more gigs for a little while.
That'd be great dude....
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:05 am I might be in on the next one. I'll have my drums finally set up again at home. No more gigs for a little while.
Excellent, can I submit 8 songs to next drum challenge?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:43 am
Sure, liv rong can paradiddle and ratamacue along with your phrygians and locrians. He knows drum theory, you know guitar theory, it's a perfect match. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

:lollers2:
Greg_L wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:58 am
JD01 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:43 am
Sure, liv rong can paradiddle and ratamacue along with your phrygians and locrians. He knows drum theory, you know guitar theory, it's a perfect match. :coolstorybro:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I dont know much theory at all, I just do things that hit things :drums:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Ok dudes, here's something of mine that needs finishing, especially some drums...Nothing special, just another 80's cock-rock thing I always seem to come up with...

The BPM is 130 (but I've also included that in the title of the mp3)...

130 BPM July-August 2017 - Rebel Monthly Drum Challenge.mp3

I'm hoping some of you drummer guys will give this a shot, I'd be pretty curious to hear your take on this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Haven't listened yet but let's do it! Wjen is due date?
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 pm Haven't listened yet but let's do it! Wjen is due date?
Whatever works for you dude, I'm hoping we'll have a couple more to participate too...

Be warned, this might not be 100% in sync with the grid, I used Jamstix for the drums & it has a push/pull/ahead/behind the beat feature ( it has the ability to speed up/slow down in milliseconds, so I was trying to make the feel like a real drummer (IE: play a little faster in the chorus, slow down a little for a verse, etc)...I tracked the guitars/bass to that "performance", so in spots it may vary a little...

I'm sure it'll be fine though... :minernuggs:

Something I'm curious about is what you guys think of the guitar tones on this...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Just a friendly reminder, this month's challenge due date is supposed to be Thursday, the 10th, but we can just let it slide until the weekend for you guys who are really busy with other stuff if that's ok with everybody...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Minerman wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:33 pm Just a friendly reminder, this month's challenge due date is supposed to be Thursday, the 10th, but we can just let it slide until the weekend for you guys who are really busy with other stuff if that's ok with everybody...
Yeah that would be great, I probably wont have time to record it until Friday night or Saturday morning. I honestly havent even spent anytime on this, when I felt like drumming Ive been practicing band stuff.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:17 pm
Minerman wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:33 pm Just a friendly reminder, this month's challenge due date is supposed to be Thursday, the 10th, but we can just let it slide until the weekend for you guys who are really busy with other stuff if that's ok with everybody...
Yeah that would be great, I probably wont have time to record it until Friday night or Saturday morning. I honestly havent even spent anytime on this, when I felt like drumming Ive been practicing band stuff.
Dude, that's why I suggested to give it a few more days, I know everybody has stuff goin' on...I'm very, very fortunate to have free time like I do, & I know what's it like to try to fit everything in, it's all good dude...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Sorry, Im going to have to skip out on this one. Too much going on and little motivation for drums lately. Starting a new job tomorrow and working on a new board. Ill do the next one. Sorry again.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:12 pm Sorry, Im going to have to skip out on this one. Too much going on and little motivation for drums lately. Starting a new job tomorrow and working on a new board. Ill do the next one. Sorry again.
It's cool man, I was about to ask if anyone had a go at this...no biggie dude...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Post yours!!
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Ok, here's my version, warts & all...I did edit the midi in a couple of spots, but only to remove a foot pedal chick that triggers when I close the hi-hat & isn't supposed to be there, other than that, I played this from start to end...

Lemme know what you guys think, & if anyone else is involved, please, by all means post your version up, I'm pretty curious to hear what a real drummer would do on this...

Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Minerman wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm Ok, here's my version, warts & all...I did edit the midi in a couple of spots, but only to remove a foot pedal chick that triggers when I close the hi-hat & isn't supposed to be there, other than that, I played this from start to end...

Lemme know what you guys think, & if anyone else is involved, please, by all means post your version up, I'm pretty curious to hear what a real drummer would do on this...

Ah, so that's how it goes. Lol. I DL'd your drumless tracks and I couldn't figure out how the riff/pattern/downbeats were supposed to go. :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Very cool, Miner. To be honest, I think I've heard you play better on earlier tunes. It's just a little shakey and not as solid as I remember you playing on some of the earlier tunes. Watch the bass drum, sometimes you rush it a bit. When you're in the groove and once you get into a verse or whatever, it steadies out. I find the intro a little weak, but then it gets better after that. By the middle of the tune, your playing is really good.