Lets see them kits of yours!

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
Minerman

Re: Lets see them kits of yours!

Post by Minerman »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:01 pm OK, can we be bigger fags?

Not that there's anything wrong with cats.

:D
:minernuggs: Dude, I don't give a fuck if people call me names over my cats or not, seriously...and I don't think you do either... :cool:
I could go on & on about it, but I won't...... :biggrin:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Minerman wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:51 pm Dude, I don't give a fuck if people call me names over my cats or not, seriously...and I don't think you do either... :cool:
I could go on & on about it, but I won't......
Man, I was obviously joking.
Last edited by rammer24 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

How did we get from Kits to Cats
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

JD01 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:45 pm That's a cat? I thought it was a bear shaped novelty pillow?!!? :lollers2:
Before deciding to just go with my actual first name, I was going to go with "Fat Tabby" for my "artist" name. :)
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:45 pm
Greg_L wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:22 pm Rami you need to get that cat on one of your training routines. That fucker is fat. :tongue:
That's a cat? I thought it was a bear shaped novelty pillow?!!? :lollers2:
I bet it makes a hell of a draught excluder. :not worthy:
Haggard Musician :mad:
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:00 pm Beautiful. Mine can handle the amp at any volume. But as soon as I go near the drum kit, they're gone.
I got two...actually three, but the thrid one is a stray who just lives in the foyer during the winter and outside in the summer.
The other two are primarily indoor cats...and the place the like to be in the most...is my studio. :D
They have their own perch that I built for them up above one of the gear racks, and as soon as I head anywhere near the studio, they are both in front of the door waiting to go in ( I keep it screened when I'm not there because I don't want them in there all the time).

My older female will sleep through all my guitar playing, no matter how loud...while the younger male will leave as soon as I hit the first note....but with drums, they both take off.
Otherwise if I'm just sitting there mixing or what have you...they will spend the entire time with me in the studio.
Once in awhile they climb on top of my monitors...and occasionally they will each be one monitor...left and right...but I've not been able to catch them long enough to take a picture. They look so cool, both sitting with the same upright pose, one on each monitor...in stereo. :P

We've had cats in my family since I was a kid...and even had a couple of dogs...but the cats were always the main house pets. The dogs were outside.
When I took off on my own...the first thing I did was get a cat, then two. Over the years, when one died, I would go to the shelter the next day and get another one. I never bought into that thing that cats aren't a "guy" thing. They are so fucking cool and interesting animals...and if you handle them a lot, they don't just hide under the bed or in the closet. My cats are people cats...they will follow me around the house all day long....if change rooms...there they are, right behind me. :cool:
rayc

Post by rayc »

C'mon - Greg needs a cat now - Rebel meow from the Kit Kats.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bubba wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 am
JD01 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:45 pm

That's a cat? I thought it was a bear shaped novelty pillow?!!? :lollers2:
I bet it makes a hell of a draught excluder. :not worthy:
You could put it inside the kick for damping.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:30 am C'mon - Greg needs a cat now - Rebel meow from the Kit Kats.
I fucking hate cats.

Well, I don't hate them, I wouldn't purposefully hit one with my car, but I hate them as pets. They're fucking useless. Everyone says their cat is different and they're fun and all that, but it's lies. A cat doesn't give one single fucking fuck about it's owner, yet that owner will bend over backwards to care for that cat. It's a backwards relationship and cat people are the suckers. :stirthepot: :biggrin:
Rebel Yell
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

:P

But what does a dog do different/useful...?
It barks to be fed...to be taken for a pee...and then lays down on the floor and sleeps.
I mean...it's not like every dog is Rin TIn TIn...running to get help as the barn burns and you lie helpless on the floor. :lollers:

i think most dogs are also useless as shit if you wanna talk about what they "do for you" besides being a pet, and a basic comfort in that regard.
Yeah...I know people too, who have cats that no one ever sees...even the owners rarely get to pet them or hang with them...totally useless...but that's the owners fault, same as with dogs. If you don't interact with the animal, they just withdraw into their own animal world, and you're just the dope that feeds them and opens the back door.

I know you've heard it before from other cat owners....but my two indoor cats are like total people cats....they offer up more amusement and entertainment than any sitcom on TV, and we have constant interaction when I'm home. They rarely just crawl off under the bed somewhere.
My young male cat is more playful than then dogs I had. I come home, and right away he goes and gets one of his small foam balls that he loves, puts it at my feet, and wants to play go fetch., I'm not kidding. I can throw that ball down the stairs for an hour...and he will keep running down to get it, brings it back up, and puts it down in front of me, and then looks up at me with that "C'mon, throw it again" look.
If I ignore him for a few minutes when he wants to play...he starts meowing at me...calling me to play.

The cats wake me up in the morning...they know when it's time....I can leave my alarm clock off.
The female cat likes to talk. She will meow all the time...not just mindlessly...she does it when she wants something, and it's a different sound depending what she wants. She also listens to me and will do basic things like coming over, or when I tell her to go...or step up somewhere.
We understand each other well after all these years. :)
They young male cat is still learning...and he's like a little wise guy...likes to play tag with me, to see if I can catch him.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lol. The cat man is getting defensive.

Ever heard of a seeing eye cat? A watch cat? Defense cat? Service cat? Do people use cats to find survivors in disaster sites? Drug sniffing cats? Are cats man's best friend? Ever see a "beware of cat" sign on a fence? No, cats are fucking useless nothings. Dogs are happy and willing to be our friend and companion. Dogs actually love people back. Cats are shit.

But I don't blame the cat. That's just what they are. I have to point and laugh at cat people though. You happily accept an animal that couldn't care less about you. :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

TKO to Greg, I think. :biggrin:
Haggard Musician :mad:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Hehe...The Gerg knows how to wind up the Miro. :lol:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:15 am TKO to Greg, I think. :biggrin:
Lol. I just do't get why cat people are always trying to justify and rationalize their cat ownership. It's okay to just like having a cat. You don't have to make up stories and lies about how cool they are. :crazy: :tongue:
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

It's an argument I'd never allow myself to enter. I love my cats, I think they're awesome. They make me happy and I look forward to getting home to see them and play with them. Who gives two fucks what anyone else thinks.

It's like when people argue over which is smarter. Who the fuck cares? You're not going to be sending them off to college so that they can get a degree and a career. They're pets. They're there to be spoiled and make you feel good. Who cares if they can pass an IQ test or not.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

haha, I hate cats. They're really shit for wildlife... there's this fat black fucker that comes into my garden and kills my frogs and birds.

I don't much like dogs either. Their owners are normally irresponsible twats. You should need a license to own a dog.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:21 am It's an argument I'd never allow myself to enter. I love my cats, I think they're awesome. They make me happy and I look forward to getting home to see them and play with them. Who gives two fucks what anyone else thinks.
That ^^^^

I don't care about cats or cat people until someone tries to sell me on them. :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:18 am Lol. I just do't get why cat people are always trying to justify and rationalize their cat ownership. It's okay to just like having a cat. You don't have to make up stories and lies about how cool they are. :crazy: :tongue:
:D

But that's just it...I don't need to rationalize or justify my cat ownership. I've never had a moment of doubt or question...or a thought that I needed to get a dog to feel good about my pet choices.

I just think that some people have knee jerk reactions to cats...based on some stereotypical views that have long been invalid.
AFA lies...no...there's absolutely no lie in anything I said about my cats. It's not like I'm trying to convince you that you need to get one.
I'm just sharing my attitude and experience with cats.
You're misjudging that as some effort to convert your or sell it to you.
I knew from past discussions how you felt about cats...so maybe I'm just getting you a bit wound up. ;)

It's all just goofing around....don't anyone take it as anything else.
Last edited by miroslav on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

miroslav wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 am some effort to convert
I just checked. My cat's Jewish.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Is it circumcised...how can you tell?
Or are they all females?