Lets see them kits of yours!

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Set mine up today for the first time in over two weeks.

miroslav

Re: Lets see them kits of yours!

Post by miroslav »

This is my Pearl studio kit, the whole enchilada...though it's an older picture. You can't see them all clearly, but there are 9 Toms in that picture. :facepalm:
I recently broke it down some, and set it up as a smaller, 5-piece kit to save some space...and there wasn't much call for the big setup ever since Neil Pert said he couldn't come over to do any recording. :P

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Um, okay. 1985 Alex Van Halen needs his kit back. :D
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Holy shit! That's a monster kit. What is it? Mine is a Masters Studio, clearly not as big lol.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Rebel Yell
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:24 pm Holy shit! That's a monster kit. What is it? Mine is a Masters Studio, clearly not as big lol.
This is an older Export...not the real old one style, with the squared off lug hardware, but the one with the rounded off hardware.
I think it's like a early 2000s vintage. I bought it from a guitar player I knew at work, who got it for one of his kids I think...and it was one of those short lived experiments with playing drums.
When I got it, it was just a small 5-piece...the basic kit. Then I picked up a couple more matching pieces...and after that I got a little nuts, so like every time I saw a matching black Export piece that I didn't have, I would buy it. :P
The last item was the second Kick drum. So I think I have every size Tom that they made in that particular Export series 8" to 18" and a couple of the them are same diameter but different lengths...like 8 x 8 and 8 x 10...etc.

It was fun building it up to that monster kit...but it was to much for regular use...so not it's a 5-piece again, and the rest are stacked in the corner if I ever need them...I keep waiting for Neil Pert to call....
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:38 am Image
What size is that last floor tom? And how do you hit it? Its like right next to you. I used to play two down to my side like that but I had to have the last one spread more to the right than back because I cant twist well/fast enough to get to it if its in a position like yours. Is that two rides on the right?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

miroslav wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:25 am

This is an older Export...not the real old one style, with the squared off lug hardware, but the one with the rounded off hardware.
I think it's like a early 2000s vintage. I bought it from a guitar player I knew at work, who got it for one of his kids I think...and it was one of those short lived experiments with playing drums.
When I got it, it was just a small 5-piece...the basic kit. Then I picked up a couple more matching pieces...and after that I got a little nuts, so like every time I saw a matching black Export piece that I didn't have, I would buy it. :P
The last item was the second Kick drum. So I think I have every size Tom that they made in that particular Export series 8" to 18" and a couple of the them are same diameter but different lengths...like 8 x 8 and 8 x 10...etc.

It was fun building it up to that monster kit...but it was to much for regular use...so not it's a 5-piece again, and the rest are stacked in the corner if I ever need them...I keep waiting for Neil Pert to call....
Well if you ever need to bring a kit to practice spot at least youll have a spare!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:55 am

What size is that last floor tom? And how do you hit it? Its like right next to you. I used to play two down to my side like that but I had to have the last one spread more to the right than back because I cant twist well/fast enough to get to it if its in a position like yours. Is that two rides on the right?
It's an 18. It's not hard to get to. It is to my right, but where else can it go? It's not bad. One thing I sometimes do is move it to the left of the hats. I like to hit the 16 and 18 simultaneously sometimes and it sounds like the earth is caving in. If I'm tracking and I know I want the 18 in there for a few bomb-hits but I also know I'm not gonna be doing fills with it, I'll move it to the left and hit it left handed.

That is two rides, 20" and 22". The 20" RUDE is used more for "riding" though because it's fucking crazy. The bigger ride is more for ping.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I think I've probably posted this pic before.
IMG_0257.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Cool pics guys, I'm ashamed to show everyone what I'm bashing on, but hey, at least I'm actually trying to play 'em... :minernuggs:

Rami: Another thing that makes you one cool dude is your cat watching over you from the window...I have a few myself, 2 of which I actually fought the ex-wife tooth & nail over...They're all getting pretty old, & I almost lost my baby a couple nights ago...She's old & sick (she'll be 14 this spring), nothing anyone can really do except try to make sure she's comfy & cozy...I know she won't be here forever, so I'm trying to brace myself for things to come, but I don't think there's any way for me to do that...sorry to go off-topic here guys, but I just had to mention our cats...

Just curious, I see different setups for different people, but Rami has only 2 crash cymbals...Wondering how many of you guys actually use more than 2 crash cymbals when you play/record???
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 am I think I've probably posted this pic before.IMG_0257.JPG

:happytrees: :happytrees:
:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I have a 17" and 19" crash that I primarily use. The 18" efx has a splash under it so it's really trashy with little sustain, I use that primarily as a crash ride. The splashes are not used too often. In my band I just use the two crashes.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Minerman wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:21 pm Rami: Another thing that makes you one cool dude is your cat watching over you from the window...
Yeah, I love my dudes. Here' the other one. He usually chills out while I record. Actually I just realized this is my profile pic.
IMG_0772.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Rami you need to get that cat on one of your training routines. That fucker is fat. :tongue:
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

He is a big cat. But he's actually pretty solid. Agile as a fucker, too. Still jumps onto the window sill that's behind and about about 3 feet higher than that speaker.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:50 pm I have a 17" and 19" crash that I primarily use. The 18" efx has a splash under it so it's really trashy with little sustain, I use that primarily as a crash ride. The splashes are not used too often. In my band I just use the two crashes.
Thanks man, I think it looks cool to have a bunch of cymbals, but dunno how many of 'em I'd actually use...I guess each one has it's own thing, which could be cool to change things up a bit...It's driving me insane with one crash pad & one ride pad, actually it sucks... :lollers:
rammer24 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:59 pm Yeah, I love my dudes. Here' the other one. He usually chills out while I record. Actually I just realized this is my profile pic.
Cool dude, my baby "Miss Kitty" has to be close to me 24/7...She even stays with me when I use my 'lil amp, the noise doesn't seem to bother her...
the other 2 scat as soon as they realize what I'm doing...just noticed that "Chickie" is on the couch behind her...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Beautiful. Mine can handle the amp at any volume. But as soon as I go near the drum kit, they're gone. In fact, all they have to hear is the music coming out of the headphones that are behind the drums, and they know I'm going to play.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

OK, can we be bigger fags?

Not that there's anything wrong with cats.

:D
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:22 pm Rami you need to get that cat on one of your training routines. That fucker is fat. :tongue:
That's a cat? I thought it was a bear shaped novelty pillow?!!? :lollers2: