Drum kits...

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
Greg_L

Re: Drum kits...

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:25 pm
Yeah I don’t use all those cymbals all the time but either. For shows I just bring two crashes, ride and hats. It’s kind of like my pedal board, I don’t turn them all on at once.
Same here. My home recording kit is a 6-piece with hats, ride, and four crash cymbals.

My live version is a 4-piece with hats, ride, two crashes.
Rebel Yell
Farview

Post by Farview »

Unfortunately, this is the only picture I can find of my drums. What you can't see in the pic is the Heavy Rock Nine Snare and the two 24" kicks.

One of the downsides to being the one taking the pictures...you're never in them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I finally got my setup sorted. :smiles:

I got Frank to record some grooves for an ambient/chillout piece I have in mind. He used his K and Kerope cymbals on this and it's only a sample of the whole session. I'm quite pleased with the sound.

Kit is Mapex V series, 12" and 16" toms, 22" kick. Batter heads are Remo Pinstripe, played in; reso heads Remo clear. Kick head is.... I dunno :biggrin: . Might have to invest in a Powerstroke 3. Snare is a Mapex Black Panther Machete. Neither of the toms are damped at all, the kick has a light pillow inside, touching both heads.

Opinions?
Jazz Noir drum clip.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:53 am I finally got my setup sorted. :smiles:

I got Frank to record some grooves for an ambient/chillout piece I have in mind. He used his K and Kerope cymbals on this and it's only a sample of the whole session. I'm quite pleased with the sound.

Kit is Mapex V series, 12" and 16" toms, 22" kick. Batter heads are Remo Pinstripe, played in; reso heads Remo clear. Kick head is.... I dunno :biggrin: . Might have to invest in a Powerstroke 3. Snare is a Mapex Black Panther Machete. Neither of the toms are damped at all, the kick has a light pillow inside, touching both heads.

Opinions?

Jazz Noir drum clip.mp3
Snare and toms sound good to me. The kick seems a little tight and/or it's just a weird mic position. Not bad, I just think it could have more thud from a 22" kick.
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:32 pm
Bubba wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:53 am I finally got my setup sorted. :smiles:

Opinions?

Jazz Noir drum clip.mp3
Snare and toms sound good to me. The kick seems a little tight and/or it's just a weird mic position. Not bad, I just think it could have more thud from a 22" kick.
Yes, I know what you mean about the kick. I don't get it. There isn't a great deal of tension on either of the heads. As you say, it could be mic position, or a horrible head, or something else entirely. I must investigate further.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Farview wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:10 pm Unfortunately, this is the only picture I can find of my drums. What you can't see in the pic is the Heavy Rock Nine Snare and the two 24" kicks.

One of the downsides to being the one taking the pictures...you're never in them.
LOL, this is a great picture :D