1978 Les Paul Custom pickup swap, and 50's style re-wire

Swapping out speakers in cab -OR- putting a hammer though your Line6 Spider? Tell us about it.
ido1957

Re: 1978 Les Paul Custom pickup swap, and 50's style re-wire

Post by ido1957 »

Congrats on the final touches - it must feel/sound like a new guitar :)
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

ido1957 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:54 pm Congrats on the final touches - it must feel/sound like a new guitar :)
Thanks man, it really does. :guitarhero: :punk:
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Sounds great AND looks good - well done!
Cheers
rayc
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Hey Greg - It's Sunday morning and I know you gig quite a bit with your LP's. Did you gig last night and did you get to try out your Custom in a live situation? If yes, how did it handle various songs etc.
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

ido1957 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:59 am Hey Greg - It's Sunday morning and I know you gig quite a bit with your LP's. Did you gig last night and did you get to try out your Custom in a live situation? If yes, how did it handle various songs etc.
I have not officially gigged with it yet. I have used it at lots of practices and jams and recording already. It's wonderful. It's way way way better than it was with bad grounds and bad pots. As far as "handling various songs"...it's not a problem because all of my songs are the same. Lol.

The pickups are extremely clear and responsive. Even when dialed up dirty, single notes ring true and chords sound thick and full but with an open clarity. It's really great. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Cool - practices and jams are close enough for me and it sounds like that baby has passed the test in all regards. :)
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

ido1957 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:13 pm Cool - practices and jams are close enough for me and it sounds like that baby has passed the test in all regards. :)
It does. No problems. It's like a whole 'nother guitar now.
Rebel Yell