Tuneomatic swap out.

Swapping out speakers in cab -OR- putting a hammer though your Line6 Spider? Tell us about it.
miroslav

Re: Tuneomatic swap out.

Post by miroslav »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm
miroslav wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:07 pm If you want to snug up the bushings...just wrap a piece of paper strip around them.
Find the number of wraps needed to make it snug, but still not too hard to push back down.

One thing though...watch for the ground wire...it has to have direct contact with the bushing metal at one spot at least.
You can wrap the paper over it and the bushing if there's enough length to it, and then just pull back the excess from the cavity on the back.
Ohhhh. You know what. I didn't even look for the ground wire. I wonder if is maybe on the tail stop pegs? next time i string change i'll take a look. Good advice Miro.
It could be, though on all of mine, it's always been at the bridge posts, 'cuz often the tailpiece is further back, and running a wire to it might require longer drilling through the body to get to it instead of the bridge posts. I guess it's guitar dependent, so check both places.
Well...if you miss it and lose the connection, you'll know when you plug in the next time. :P