In the event of a fire....

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
muttley

In the event of a fire....

Post by muttley »

.... and leading on from the "whats versatile and whats not thread", heres a question for you all.

I have a load of guitars here, about 25 or so... plus many other stringed things. I have to it's my job but mostly I only gig a few of them. I was thinking around this while browsing the latest posts in the tele vs strat thread, If your house/shed/ recording studio/workshop etc was ablaze and the kids are safe, the dogs are all out of the building and the wife has the family heirlooms taken care of, which one of your guitars would you save from the flames? You can chose two if you must cos I assume you all have two arms. If you only have two guitars you can only save one of them cos you would have your tuner in the other hand because you're a N00b...

For me it would be my big box jazzer with the MUTT90 and/or my Telecaster. I can replace my AER, Fender Princeton and Messa with insurance money so they are gonna burn...

Go on which one you gonna save...Image
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: In the event of a fire....

Post by WhiskeyJack »

fucking hell!!! HAHAHA this question sucks.

I'd probably grab My Sparrow Rat Rod Boss (Les Paul Style)Megadestoryer , and the Ibanez PF350. they would be incredibly hard for the insurance fascists to replace over my Gibson and Epi. Even though i am loving watching the value of that Gibson climb every year. too bad my one guitar i love the most is a friggin investment piece as well. But currently it is still pretty replaceable. CURRENTLY I paid about 800 for it brand new in 2012 when i quit smoking and right now you can't find one less than 1200. :coolstorybro: Still though, insurance can still handle that one.

I'd probably grab my Taylor Acoustic too because the case has backpack style shoulder straps. My rules.
:happytrees:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

This is a good one.....

I have 3 guitars and a bass. I'd grab the bass for sure. But then I'd have to decide between the Strat, Epi SG with P-90's, or Gibson SG. Forget the Strat, so now it's between the Epi and the Gibson. The obvious answer probably should be the Gibson. But, to be honest, I like my Epi better.

So, I'd have to say...my 2 cats.
Last edited by rammer24 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roman

Post by Roman »

Oops. ..double post.
Last edited by Roman on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roman

Post by Roman »

In the event of a fire. I'll just let it all burn. Fuck it. Les shit to deal with. :D

When I move, I need a seperate van just for all the guitars.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

I would grab the insurance policy... :) ...everything else is basically replaceable, even the older, vintage stuff.

But OK..if I just happened to be in the studio when the blaze exploded, and I had one opportunity to grab two guitars (everything else is racked or too heavy anyway)...I would probably grab my black Hag Northen Swede that I picked up last year (fucking thing just sounds and plays fantastic)...and then I might pause for 3 seconds, 'cuz there at least 5 more Hags that I love equally...and then just grab the closest one...or maybe even the tobacco burst Hag Deuce F guitar (a double cut Swede basically), which also plays and sounds really great.
I think I could hang in there with those two until the insurance paid out.

Though you know...I might just "muscle up" in the heat of the moment, and fuck the guitars, and just grab a couple of my amp heads instead....or the one guitar and one amp head.
Yeah...I think that might be the best choice.

:D
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Without a doubt my Burns Bison. Not because it's the best, but because it's the rarest and it was my first top line guitar, moving up from a crappy LP copy. Everything else is just a stock, readily available guitar I could replace easily enough.
rayc

Post by rayc »

It is a hard one. Most of my guitars & basses are nonameish but I have two that are non prestigious and hard to replace - it'd be 1 of my two Bruno Royal Artists semi-acoustics (both bought after YEARS & years of searching to replace my stolen original) and my Guyatone Mosrite copy. Insurance jobbies are problematic - when my original RA was stolen I searched high low, tried every guitar shop in the nation to a) identify the stolen one, (had no name badges as the previous owner had removed them and replaced them with fake Gibson symbols) so I could get a value for replacement. No one had a clue, b) to recommend a replacement and me being an idiot I took the common denominator advice and c) get a replacement within the budget - but I did have to pay an excess on that one item.
I ended up buying the recommended Epi Sheraton II which is NOTHING like a hollow single coil MIJ being a dual Humbucker MI? log with hollow wings. I now am much wiser and more aware of what my guitars are.
I'd want to grab my Vantage bass (it's great)and my Emperador bass as well but that's out of the spec for the thread. I WOULD grab my recording comps external/backup drive as well.
Cheers
rayc
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

In case of fire, I'll press the big red button that ejects my entire studio room like the landing module from a lunar rocket. I'll parachute safely back to earth, still sitting at my mixing desk.

...at least I think I had that feature installed. I'll have to check the invoices.

Nah, I'd grab the Martin and play sad songs while watching the fire department douse the dying embers of everything else.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

My two Les Pauls. That wasn't even hard to decide. I'd hate to lose any of my guitars. I really like all of them (except for the Strat) but it'd have to be the two LPs. One of them is vintage-ish and fairly valuable, but value is not my deciding factor. I just really really like them.
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

My Jap Strat and the original Gobshite.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

My Stinnett without even a second's thought.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

My Custom. No question. Don't care about the others and they're all easily replaceable.
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

My acoustic (double) bass. Then I'd grab my laptop computer, since that's where my recordings (and ideas for things to record) are stored. And I'd put the backup hard drive for the laptop in my pocket, since it's usually detached from the computer.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

I don't have anything particularly unique. I loved my Les Paul Traditional immediately I had it in my hands, so I'd grab that for sure. I really like my Maton electro-acoustic as well, so probably that for the second hand.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

SweetDan wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:42 pm My acoustic (double) bass. Then I'd grab my laptop computer, since that's where my recordings (and ideas for things to record) are stored. And I'd put the backup hard drive for the laptop in my pocket, since it's usually detached from the computer.
I'm pretty sure you passed the equivalent of 3 guitars when you grabbed the upright! :D

I'd grab my peavy bass. That's the one I've had since middle school, so it's sentimental.
Then I'd hem and haw between my badly customized "Abomination" shortscale or the kramer (i.e. the most valuable one)
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Actually the very first thing I'd grab would be my box of 31/2" floppys that have my sequences I gig with.
Thousands of hours of work ..... then the Stinnett ..... then a sax
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

So our good friend Harvey actually decided to flood my music room last night!

Fortunately, it was only a few inches, and the carpet managed to stop it before anything important on the floor got it.
antichef

Post by antichef »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 pm So our good friend Harvey actually decided to flood my music room last night!

Fortunately, it was only a few inches, and the carpet managed to stop it before anything important on the floor got it.
That sucks - glad you got in front of it
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 pm So our good friend Harvey actually decided to flood my music room last night!

That fucking Harvey is like an airborne plague.
Rebel Yell