A happy guitar ending...

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
JD01

Re: A happy guitar ending...

Post by JD01 »

Nice - post up some pics when you get it... I still have a tele itch that I haven't scratched.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Armistice wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 am Yup - dropped in at Turramurra Music (who almost always have the best prices on new guitars - but there's no negotiation room) and ordered an Elite series Tele - the world's most VERSATILE electric guitar :lollers: - and turns out they'd ordered the exact model the day before, so I've just given them a hold deposit - it should rock up in about 2-3 weeks.
Well you've just about covered all bases David.
With your current array you should be able to do almost anything.
I have an $80 including delivery Tele approximation! I was going to type clone but that wold require some sort of similarity beyond shape.
I hate it - because of the frets and little things that make it hard to play. BUT it was a decade ago & only a pittance.
I've bought something from Turamurra - mail order I think. I seem to remember it was a bridge for my cello but can't be sure.
Welcome back from the road trip - back before the end of hols traffic - well done.
All good with the fam?
Cheers
rayc
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Fine job, Armi! So much versatility :P

Looks like a nice guitar. I'm curious how it sounds. My American Deluxe Tele isn't very twangy, so I'm curious how the Elite sounds.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I'm happy for you that you got a new toy, but I'm afraid I cannot share in the excitement of it being Tele. :razz:
Rebel Yell
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I replied to this thread, but it disappeared.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Tadpui wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:45 pm Fine job, Armi! So much versatility :P

Looks like a nice guitar. I'm curious how it sounds. My American Deluxe Tele isn't very twangy, so I'm curious how the Elite sounds.
I'll post some toanz when I get it. The thinline I played wasn't particularly twangy - you could get it but you had to play "country" and dig in. In general use it was just this "generic" single coil electric guitar sound which is actually sort of what I'm after - it'll be very useful, I reckon.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Bubba wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:25 pm I replied to this thread, but it disappeared.
The board has spoken and deemed your reply unworthy.

All hail the board. :not worthy:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:48 pm I'm happy for you that you got a new toy, but I'm afraid I cannot share in the excitement of it being Tele. :razz:
Yeah, thanks. I figured you'd not be jumping for joy. :lollers: Next one, perhaps, you'll find more interesting.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

rayc wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:30 am
Welcome back from the road trip - back before the end of hols traffic - well done.
All good with the fam?
I spent 90 minutes, maybe 100, with my mother and younger sister on Monday night - that was the extent of the family involvement in the trip. Thank god the sister's boyfriend was there or there'd have been no conversation at all. People say I'm quiet - they haven't tried to have a chat with anyone in my family.... :crazy:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Congrats on the tele Armistice. That is rad. good choice on the "ebony" fret board too. those maple necks or whatever they are, are just not a thing i like in a guitar.
:happytrees: