Neck Pickup Choice

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
JD01

Re: Neck Pickup Choice

Post by JD01 »

JD01 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:36 pm
Greg_L wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Yup. And he had probably the best pure rock and roll rhythm tone there ever was.
http://www.guitarplayer.com/no-fear-les ... ords/16912
I like that quote "He certainly doesn't tickle it"
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Just watch this. Listen to Malcolm in the right channel. Regardless of what anyone thinks of AC/DC, the riffs and tones the Young brothers use are powerful. This is a lesson in rock and roll guitar tones.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44XYEeD1A1U[/BBvideo]
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Yeah - that's an aweseome guitar sound. It is really low gain too.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Greg_L wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:41 pm Regardless of what anyone thinks of AC/DC, the riffs and tones the Young brothers use are powerful. This is a lesson in rock and roll guitar tones.
Yeah...long time fan of AC/DC...they never fucking disappoint, and their guitar tones are (hate this overused word) iconic.
It's like old-school Zep/Page tone, but with a sprinkle of just enough grit-n-grime to give them their own tone.

:coolstorybro:
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD, If you are wanting to move forward on this maybe take the initial chat to PM to avoid clutter. Others can still contribute here while you get an idea on precisely what you want...
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 am JD, If you are wanting to move forward on this maybe take the initial chat to PM to avoid clutter. Others can still contribute here while you get an idea on precisely what you want...
Yeah will do, want to get my mrs birthday out of the way first, but if I go for something I will probably be in a position to get it done in mid August.
muttley

Post by muttley »

No problem JD, no hurry. There is no harm in chatting about what you are after though so feel free to chew over it anytime.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Yeah - I don't want to make a snap choice on it. I never/rarely use it for recording so its not something I "need" its just a want - something else for me to get while I procrastinate about getting a cab.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:19 am Yeah - I don't want to make a snap choice on it. I never/rarely use it for recording so its not something I "need" its just a want - something else for me to get while I procrastinate about getting a cab.
It's probably best that Mutt makes you one. He made the bridge pickup, right? You can have a hand-tailored matching set that work well together.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

You will also get the option of a rewind if you really dont get on with it. No one else will provide such a quality service...;)