Okay....

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Okay....

Post by WhiskeyJack »

:happytrees:
Greg_L

Re: Okay....

Post by Greg_L »

Those fidget spinners might be the dumbest kid trend we've had in quite a while.
Rebel Yell
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:27 am Those fidget spinners might be the dumbest kid trend we've had in quite a while.
I've never seen one in action, only heard of them a week or two ago. I heard they're sold out everywhere, but there are people with hundreds of them on little market stalls in the street near where I work.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

jonny deep wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:12 am

I've never seen one in action, only heard of them a week or two ago. I heard they're sold out everywhere, but there are people with hundreds of them on little market stalls in the street near where I work.
One of my kids has one. A few weeks ago I saw it sitting on the kitchen counter. I spun it between my fingers. It spun. I took it apart to see if there was any more to it. There wasn't. I put it back down. I'm too old and/or too smart to understand the appeal of those stupid fucking things.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

It's no stupider than when my nephew was teaching me about the finely tuned art of bottle flipping. I couldn't believe that this was thing of this magnitude. Hopefully only in North America though. I can't see the rest of the world getting this excited about something so dumb.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdUVtEeg9I4[/BBvideo]
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 am It's no stupider than when my nephew was teaching me about the finely tuned art of bottle flipping. I couldn't believe that this was thing of this magnitude. Hopefully only in North America though. I can't see the rest of the world getting this excited about something so dumb.

WTF ??!!???!?!??

How is that even a thing?

Good lord we're doomed!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:04 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 am It's no stupider than when my nephew was teaching me about the finely tuned art of bottle flipping. I couldn't believe that this was thing of this magnitude. Hopefully only in North America though. I can't see the rest of the world getting this excited about something so dumb.

WTF ??!!???!?!??

How is that even a thing?

Good lord we're doomed!
I have no idea man. He has since moved on from bottle flipping and pokemon go to fishing. for rea lfish. with a real rod. He's pretty excited for me to come home in July, he wants to take me out for Small Mouth Bass. Knows of a good place to go where the fish put up a bit of fight. Could be a good time i wager.
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

Reminds me of cup stacking.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

jonny deep wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:30 pm Reminds me of cup stacking.
a bit but the cup stackers are blindingly fast .... I actually don't see how they do it that fast.
Flipping a bottle is just flipping a bottle ...

Both activities are useless though.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

At least the bottle flip involves doing something. I mean, yeah it's dumb, but it's something that takes some practice and a modest amount of physical dexterity to get right. The fucking fidget spinner is nothing more than spinning a bearing between your fingers. That's it. Literally, that's all it is. So fucking stupid. Kids are stupid and parents are stupider for allowing these things to happen.
Rebel Yell
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 pm At least the bottle flip involves doing something. I mean, yeah it's dumb, but it's something that takes some practice and a modest amount of physical dexterity to get right. The fucking fidget spinner is nothing more than spinning a bearing between your fingers. That's it. Literally, that's all it is. So fucking stupid. Kids are stupid and parents are stupider for allowing these things to happen.
Are there not tricks and stuff people do with them?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

jonny deep wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 pm

There could be, but not that I'm aware of.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

jonny deep wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 pm
Greg_L wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 pm At least the bottle flip involves doing something. I mean, yeah it's dumb, but it's something that takes some practice and a modest amount of physical dexterity to get right. The fucking fidget spinner is nothing more than spinning a bearing between your fingers. That's it. Literally, that's all it is. So fucking stupid. Kids are stupid and parents are stupider for allowing these things to happen.
all I can find are ways of putting several together and seeing ones' movement induce movement in the others.
Also some things with small magnets ..... but as Greg said, i didn't find anything requiring practice.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:45 pm Both activities are useless though.

:like: :happytrees: :happytrees: :happytrees: :happytrees: :like:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:35 pm :like: :happytrees: :happytrees: :happytrees: :happytrees: :like:
Now ^that^ takes some real skillz!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:35 pm

:like: :happytrees: :happytrees: :happytrees: :happytrees: :like:
lol ..... awesome!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:15 am
JD01 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 amNow ^that^ takes some real skillz!
It really doesn't. It's right there in the full editor features. I fucking came unglued when i discovered it. I am sure it's use is limited as hell but i think for comedy purposes it's a gem.
Off Topic
Gunt!